Foster the People Unveils Retro Music Video for 'Coming of Age'
Foster the People has debuted the official music video for "Coming of Age", the single off their upcoming album "Supermodel". In the '80s-themed visuals directed by BRTHR, the band shows the world how rough life can be.
The video features scenes of a high-school kid getting bullied on the basketball court, a man riding his motorbike, a teen being chased by a cop and a lad trying hard to become a boxer. In another scene, frontman Mark Foster is seen performing the song with his bandmates.
"We talked about on this record working with film more and working with classic photography and using California as a backdrop to everything that we were doing," vocalist Foster recently explained of making the video.
"Coming of Age" was first performed live by the band at a music festival last summer. A snippet of the same song was also featured in a short clip in which they announced their return to music early this year.
"Supermodel", marking Foster the People's second studio album, is scheduled to hit the stores on March 14. In an interview with Rolling Stone late last year, the band revealed what fans could expect from their upcoming record.
"It's not the record that people are gonna expect us to release second," Foster said. "It's definitely an evolution for us, and it's a more polarizing record for us, so I'm excited to see how it's received, for better or worse."
Foster the People's "Coming of Age" music video
- Corey Gamble Reportedly Cheats on Kris Jenner With Kourtney Kardashian - Is It True?
- She's Scarily Skinny! Janice Dickinson Looks Thinner Amid Health Crisis
- Drake Blocks Ariana Grande and Blake Shelton From Billboard 200's No. 1
- Bella Hadid Flaunts Ample Cleavage in Racy Bikini. See the Pic!
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Cradle Chrissy Teigen and John Legend's Baby During Brunch
- Jeff Bridges Joins 'Kingsman: The Golden Circle'
- Demi Lovato Mourning Her Great-Grandma's Death. Read Her Touching Tribute
- Rob Kardashian and Blac Chyna Party in Las Vegas, Talk About Wedding Plans