Selena Gomez Reportedly Left Rehab Early to Attend Sundance Film Festival
Selena Gomez, who recently completed a rehab stint, reportedly left the rehab facility against the advice of the medical team. According to TMZ, the 21-year-old star joined a 6-week program on January 5, but she left after two weeks into the program because she wanted to attend the 2014 Sundance Film Festival to promote her new movie "Rudderless".
Another source, however, told E! News that attending the film festival was always a part of Gomez's plan. The source said that the Meadows treatment center allowed 72-hour leave passes, but Gomez did not want to get back to the facility because she already felt better. "She felt she took some time she needed away from L.A. and was ready to go back after Sundance," the source explained.
In other news, Demi Lovato has shown her support for Gomez. "Selena is, I've known her for 14 years and we've been best friends. That's all of her business, and I just want to let her do her thing. And yeah, she's amazing. I love her," the "Neon Lights" singer said in a new interview.
In the interview, Lovato also talked about drug addiction. "It's just important to me, for people to see that it's not, when you're a drug addict, that it's your fault. It's not even a conscious decision. When you're in your disease, you do things impulsively. You don't think forward. When you're a drug addict, you are in pain and this is the only way you know how to medicate it," the former judge on "The X Factor (US)" added.
More Selena Gomez News
- Get a Look at Intriguing New Footage of 'King Arthur: Legend of the Sword'
- Nicole Scherzinger Flashes Ample Cleavage and Toned Abs for New Ad
- Kurt Sutter Reveals The Mayans Originally Didn't Exist in 'Sons of Anarchy'
- Colton Haynes Introduces New Boyfriend Jeff Leatham
- First Look at Kurt Russell as Ego the Living Planet in 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'
- Here's the First Look of Shocker's Costume in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Watch John Legend's Show-Stopping Performance at NBA All-Star Game 2017 Halftime Show
- Madonna's Malawi Twins' Father Says He Didn't Realize the Adoption Was Permanent