Paul Bettany to Play the Vision in 'Avengers: Age of Ultron'
Paul Bettany is added as a new member of the Avengers. The actor, who voiced J.A.R.V.I.S., Tony Stark's virtual assistant, in the three "Iron Man" movies and the first "Avengers" flick, is now cast to play The Vision in the upcoming "Avengers: Age of Ultron".
In Marvel's universe, The Vision was an android created by the robotic villain Ultron as a weapon to take down the Avengers. However, the Vision eventually turns against his creator and becomes an Avenger member himself. He is a love interest to Scarlet Witch.
Bettany will join Robert Downey Jr.'s Iron Man, Scarlett Johansson's Black Widow, Chris Hemsworth's Thor, Chris Evans' Captain America, Mark Ruffalo's The Hulk, and Jeremy Renner's Hawkeye. Cobie Smulders and Samuel L. Jackson return as Agent Maria Hill and Nick Fury respectively.
Directed by Joss Whedon, the movie adds James Spader as Ultron, Elizabeth Olsen as Scarlet Witch, Aaron Johnson as Quicksilver, and Thomas Kretschmann as villainous Baron Wolfgang von Strucker. Don Cheadle is also expected to reprise his role in "Iron Man" as Col. James 'Rhodey' Rhodes.
"Avengers 2" is scheduled for U.S. release on May 1, 2015. There was once rumor that Simon McBurney was in talks to play Edwin Jarvis, the actual human butler to Stark.
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked