Paul Bettany to Play the Vision in 'Avengers: Age of Ultron'
Paul Bettany is added as a new member of the Avengers. The actor, who voiced J.A.R.V.I.S., Tony Stark's virtual assistant, in the three "Iron Man" movies and the first "Avengers" flick, is now cast to play The Vision in the upcoming "Avengers: Age of Ultron".
In Marvel's universe, The Vision was an android created by the robotic villain Ultron as a weapon to take down the Avengers. However, the Vision eventually turns against his creator and becomes an Avenger member himself. He is a love interest to Scarlet Witch.
Bettany will join Robert Downey Jr.'s Iron Man, Scarlett Johansson's Black Widow, Chris Hemsworth's Thor, Chris Evans' Captain America, Mark Ruffalo's The Hulk, and Jeremy Renner's Hawkeye. Cobie Smulders and Samuel L. Jackson return as Agent Maria Hill and Nick Fury respectively.
Directed by Joss Whedon, the movie adds James Spader as Ultron, Elizabeth Olsen as Scarlet Witch, Aaron Johnson as Quicksilver, and Thomas Kretschmann as villainous Baron Wolfgang von Strucker. Don Cheadle is also expected to reprise his role in "Iron Man" as Col. James 'Rhodey' Rhodes.
"Avengers 2" is scheduled for U.S. release on May 1, 2015. There was once rumor that Simon McBurney was in talks to play Edwin Jarvis, the actual human butler to Stark.
- Bella Thorne Rises to Stardom in Trailer for 'Famous in Love' From 'Pretty Little Liars' Creator
- Justin Bieber Accidentally Reactivates Instagram Account
- Madonna, Usher and More Stars Pay Tribute to Michael Jackson on His Birthday
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' Recap: More Fights and Departures
- Britney and Beyonce Under Fire for Their VMAs Performances. Plus Get Details on Their Backstage Feud
- Taylor Swift Dismissed From Jury Duty due to Her Ongoing Sexual Abuse Case
- Production on 'The Maze Runner: The Death Cure' to Resume in February 2017
- Blake Lively Hosts Private Baby Shower With Taylor Swift