Paul Bettany to Play the Vision in 'Avengers: Age of Ultron'
Paul Bettany is added as a new member of the Avengers. The actor, who voiced J.A.R.V.I.S., Tony Stark's virtual assistant, in the three "Iron Man" movies and the first "Avengers" flick, is now cast to play The Vision in the upcoming "Avengers: Age of Ultron".
In Marvel's universe, The Vision was an android created by the robotic villain Ultron as a weapon to take down the Avengers. However, the Vision eventually turns against his creator and becomes an Avenger member himself. He is a love interest to Scarlet Witch.
Bettany will join Robert Downey Jr.'s Iron Man, Scarlett Johansson's Black Widow, Chris Hemsworth's Thor, Chris Evans' Captain America, Mark Ruffalo's The Hulk, and Jeremy Renner's Hawkeye. Cobie Smulders and Samuel L. Jackson return as Agent Maria Hill and Nick Fury respectively.
Directed by Joss Whedon, the movie adds James Spader as Ultron, Elizabeth Olsen as Scarlet Witch, Aaron Johnson as Quicksilver, and Thomas Kretschmann as villainous Baron Wolfgang von Strucker. Don Cheadle is also expected to reprise his role in "Iron Man" as Col. James 'Rhodey' Rhodes.
"Avengers 2" is scheduled for U.S. release on May 1, 2015. There was once rumor that Simon McBurney was in talks to play Edwin Jarvis, the actual human butler to Stark.
- Two More Actors Join 'Spider-Man: Homecoming', New Set Photos Are Released
- 'Mr. Robot' Season 2 Gets Additional Episodes and an Aftershow
- Jamie Foxx Spotted Holding Hands With Mystery Woman. Cheating on Katie Holmes?
- Fifth Harmony Ladies Strip Down to Skimpy Bikinis in 'All in My Head' Video Ft. Fetty Wap
- 'Step Up' Series Coming to YouTube With Channing Tatum and Jenna Dewan Attached
- Harry Styles Signs Solo Deal With Columbia Records. Time to Say Goodbye to 1D?
- 'Big Brother 18': And the First Evicted Houseguest Is...
- Check Out Details of Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston's 'Intimate' Dinner in Nashville