Paul Bettany to Play the Vision in 'Avengers: Age of Ultron'
Paul Bettany is added as a new member of the Avengers. The actor, who voiced J.A.R.V.I.S., Tony Stark's virtual assistant, in the three "Iron Man" movies and the first "Avengers" flick, is now cast to play The Vision in the upcoming "Avengers: Age of Ultron".
In Marvel's universe, The Vision was an android created by the robotic villain Ultron as a weapon to take down the Avengers. However, the Vision eventually turns against his creator and becomes an Avenger member himself. He is a love interest to Scarlet Witch.
Bettany will join Robert Downey Jr.'s Iron Man, Scarlett Johansson's Black Widow, Chris Hemsworth's Thor, Chris Evans' Captain America, Mark Ruffalo's The Hulk, and Jeremy Renner's Hawkeye. Cobie Smulders and Samuel L. Jackson return as Agent Maria Hill and Nick Fury respectively.
Directed by Joss Whedon, the movie adds James Spader as Ultron, Elizabeth Olsen as Scarlet Witch, Aaron Johnson as Quicksilver, and Thomas Kretschmann as villainous Baron Wolfgang von Strucker. Don Cheadle is also expected to reprise his role in "Iron Man" as Col. James 'Rhodey' Rhodes.
"Avengers 2" is scheduled for U.S. release on May 1, 2015. There was once rumor that Simon McBurney was in talks to play Edwin Jarvis, the actual human butler to Stark.
- Lisa Marie Presley's Kids in State Custody After Indecent Child Pics Found on Ex's Computer
- Samuel L. Jackson Hints at Nick Fury's Appearance in 'Captain Marvel'
- Aaron Carter Responds to Racism Accusation After Onstage Brawl
- Angelina Jolie Takes Her 6 Kids to Cambodia Amid Brad Pitt Divorce and Custody Drama
- Zoe Saldana Gives Birth to Baby No. 3 With Marco Perego
- Royal Showdown! Kate Middleton Reportedly Feuding With Meghan Markle
- Camila Cabello Is 'Dying' to Enlist Taylor Swift for Debut Solo Album
- Donald Glover to Play Simba in 'The Lion King' Remake