Anna Kendrick and Rebel Wilson Confirmed to Return for 'Pitch Perfect 2'
It's official, Anna Kendrick and Rebel Wilson are back for "Pitch Perfect 2". They are expected to reprise their respective roles as rebellious Beca Mitchell and eccentric Fat Amy/Patricia in the upcoming sequel to the 2012 musical comedy.
The film is set to come out Stateside on May 15, 2015. Elizabeth Banks, who produced the first movie and played a small but memorable role in it, will make her directorial debut with the sequel. Writer Kay Cannon is also back as a scribe.
The second "Pitch Perfect" film will face competition from WB's actioner "Mad Max: Fury Road" which stars Tom Hardy and Charlize Theron. Those movies will hit theaters two weeks after Marvel's "Avengers: Age of Ultron" arrives on May 1.
Directed by Jason Moore, the original movie performed surprisingly well in 2012. Costing only $17 million to produce, the film grossed over $100 million worldwide. It follows a college freshman who reluctantly joins an a cappella group and leads it to the finals.
Not only was the film a success on the movie chart but its soundtrack specifically the one titled "Cups" recorded by Kendrick peaked at No. 6 Billboard Hot 100 and stayed at the top 10 for numerous weeks. A cover of the Carter Family's 1931 song "When I'm Gone", it made the actress a triple platinum recording artist with combined sales of a little less than 3 million units sold.
Kendrick will next be seen in Disney's musical "Into the Woods".
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby