Anna Kendrick and Rebel Wilson Confirmed to Return for 'Pitch Perfect 2'
It's official, Anna Kendrick and Rebel Wilson are back for "Pitch Perfect 2". They are expected to reprise their respective roles as rebellious Beca Mitchell and eccentric Fat Amy/Patricia in the upcoming sequel to the 2012 musical comedy.
The film is set to come out Stateside on May 15, 2015. Elizabeth Banks, who produced the first movie and played a small but memorable role in it, will make her directorial debut with the sequel. Writer Kay Cannon is also back as a scribe.
The second "Pitch Perfect" film will face competition from WB's actioner "Mad Max: Fury Road" which stars Tom Hardy and Charlize Theron. Those movies will hit theaters two weeks after Marvel's "Avengers: Age of Ultron" arrives on May 1.
Directed by Jason Moore, the original movie performed surprisingly well in 2012. Costing only $17 million to produce, the film grossed over $100 million worldwide. It follows a college freshman who reluctantly joins an a cappella group and leads it to the finals.
Not only was the film a success on the movie chart but its soundtrack specifically the one titled "Cups" recorded by Kendrick peaked at No. 6 Billboard Hot 100 and stayed at the top 10 for numerous weeks. A cover of the Carter Family's 1931 song "When I'm Gone", it made the actress a triple platinum recording artist with combined sales of a little less than 3 million units sold.
Kendrick will next be seen in Disney's musical "Into the Woods".
- Katy Perry Crowd-Surfing Twice at Glastonbury 2017
- Blac Chyna Involved in Car Accident
- Kelly Osbourne Shows Her Derriere While Struggling to Get Out of Her Dress
- Kendall Jenner Looks Unrecognizable in Her Latest Instagram Pictures
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London
- Angelina Jolie Is Worrying That Brad Pitt Will Get More Custody
- Amanda Bynes Steps Out for Shopping in Beverly Hills
- Gal Gadot Is Already Planning for Baby No. 3