Friends and Family Attend Philip Seymour Hoffman's Wake
Philip Seymour Hoffman's family and friends paid respects to the late actor in a wake on Thursday, February 6 in New York City. Hoffman's partner Mimi O'Donnell was spotted with their three children at the wake which was held at Frank E. Campbell Funeral Home on Madison Avenue. The "Capote" actor's mother Marilyn O'Connor was present as well.
E! News reports that some celebrities such as Joaquin Phoenix, Cate Blanchett, Justin Theroux, Michelle Williams and Ellen Burstyn also came to pay respects. Amy Adams attended the wake with her fiance Darren Le Gallo, while Blanchett was joined by husband Andrew Upton. Williams also visited O'Donnell the day before.
Hoffman passed away on Sunday due to apparent drug overdose. According to a statement released by his representative, the family will hold a memorial later this month. The Oscar-winning actor's funeral will take place on Friday at St. Ignatius of Loyola Catholic Church in Manhattan.
In other news, Adams was said breaking down during an appearance on "Inside the Actors Studio" on Wednesday when the conversation was directed to Hoffman. "James Lipton asked her about working with Philip on 'Doubt' and 'The Master'... It hit a nerve with her," a source told Us Weekly. "[Adams] was sobbing and couldn't finish most of her sentences."
"Amy talked about how he was the greatest actor she had worked with, and couldn't even tell stories about him without crying. She said to the audience of acting students 'I wish you all could have had the chance to work with him,' " the source added.
- MTV VMAs 2016: Drake Presents Rihanna With Video Vanguard Award
- MTV VMAs 2016: Jimmy Fallon Appears Onstage as Ryan Lochte, Throws Major Shade at Him
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce Leads Full List of Winners With Six Trophies
- MTV VMAs 2016: Future Performs 'F**k Up Some Commas', Nick Jonas Brings 'Bacon'
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce Reenacts 'Lemonade' Visuals, Britney Spears Slays 'Make Me'
- MTV VMAs 2016: Alicia Keys Goes Make Up Free as She Honors MLK With a Poem
- MTV VMAs 2016: Kanye West Debuts 'Fade' Music Video, Talks About Taylor Swift in Speech
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Not Married Despite That Ring on Her Finger