Mariah Carey, Jennifer Hudson and More Tapped to Perform at BET Honors
Mariah Carey and Jennifer Hudson are among A-list musicians who will perform at the 2014 BET Honors. Other performers at the annual event include Tamar Braxton, Smokey Robinson and Wayne Brady.
BET Honors celebrates the achievements of notable African Americans in music, literature, entertainment, media, service and education. This year's ceremony will take place at the Warner Theatre in Washington, D.C. on Saturday, February 8.
Honorees include singer Aretha Franklin, rapper/actor Ice Cube, Motown Records founder Berry Gordy, American Express CEO Ken Chenault, and visual artist Carrie Mae Weems. Ludacris, Mack Wilds, Rev. Al Sharpton and "Scandal" actor Joe Morton will serve as presenters while Brady will also take the stage as a host.
The event will premiere in the U.S. during Black History Month on Monday, February 24. It will later air on BET's international network on February 28. Ticket sales for the show will benefit the Women Veterans Interactive (WVI), an organization that provides housing options and support for veterans and their families.
More Mariah Carey News
- Miley Cyrus Calls Out Disney, Says She Was Underpaid on 'Hannah Montana'
- Monsters and War Unleashed in New 'Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them' Trailer
- Video: Kim Kardashian Ambushed by Gigi Hadid's Attacker in Paris
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Heading to 'SNL' as First-Time Host
- 'Lion King' Gets a Remake From Disney and Jon Favreau
- Robin Hood Confirmed to Return for 'Once Upon a Time' Season 6
- New David Bowie Greatest Hits Album Announced
- The Flash Reunites With Jay Garrick, Teams Up With Tom Felton's Character in Season 3 Photos