Mariah Carey, Jennifer Hudson and More Tapped to Perform at BET Honors
Mariah Carey and Jennifer Hudson are among A-list musicians who will perform at the 2014 BET Honors. Other performers at the annual event include Tamar Braxton, Smokey Robinson and Wayne Brady.
BET Honors celebrates the achievements of notable African Americans in music, literature, entertainment, media, service and education. This year's ceremony will take place at the Warner Theatre in Washington, D.C. on Saturday, February 8.
Honorees include singer Aretha Franklin, rapper/actor Ice Cube, Motown Records founder Berry Gordy, American Express CEO Ken Chenault, and visual artist Carrie Mae Weems. Ludacris, Mack Wilds, Rev. Al Sharpton and "Scandal" actor Joe Morton will serve as presenters while Brady will also take the stage as a host.
The event will premiere in the U.S. during Black History Month on Monday, February 24. It will later air on BET's international network on February 28. Ticket sales for the show will benefit the Women Veterans Interactive (WVI), an organization that provides housing options and support for veterans and their families.
More Mariah Carey News
- Khloe Kardashian Sparks Engagement Rumors After Spotted With Diamond Ring
- 'The Foreigner' Trailer: Jackie Chan Gets Revenge on Pierce Brosnan
- Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Call It Quits
- Alleged Selena Gomez and Justin Bieber Collab 'Steal Our Love' Leaks Online
- New Couple Alert? Katy Perry and Chris Martin Are Spotted Holding Hands
- Super Junior's Leeteuk Gets Robbed in Switzerland
- Kardashian-Jenner Sisters Throw Surprise Birthday Party for Khloe
- Evidence of Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo's Rendezvous in Bali Revealed