Mariah Carey, Jennifer Hudson and More Tapped to Perform at BET Honors
Mariah Carey and Jennifer Hudson are among A-list musicians who will perform at the 2014 BET Honors. Other performers at the annual event include Tamar Braxton, Smokey Robinson and Wayne Brady.
BET Honors celebrates the achievements of notable African Americans in music, literature, entertainment, media, service and education. This year's ceremony will take place at the Warner Theatre in Washington, D.C. on Saturday, February 8.
Honorees include singer Aretha Franklin, rapper/actor Ice Cube, Motown Records founder Berry Gordy, American Express CEO Ken Chenault, and visual artist Carrie Mae Weems. Ludacris, Mack Wilds, Rev. Al Sharpton and "Scandal" actor Joe Morton will serve as presenters while Brady will also take the stage as a host.
The event will premiere in the U.S. during Black History Month on Monday, February 24. It will later air on BET's international network on February 28. Ticket sales for the show will benefit the Women Veterans Interactive (WVI), an organization that provides housing options and support for veterans and their families.
More Mariah Carey News
- 'Ghostbusters' Cast Show Off the New Gadgets in Latest Featurette
- HBO Officially Confirms Jon Snow's True Parentage With This 'Game of Thrones' Infographic
- New 'Star Trek Beyond' Character Poster Shows Jaylah on Cap's Chair
- Lady GaGa and Taylor Kinney's Wedding Plan Reportedly Shelved Because of This
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Make Out in Rome, Fans Say Their Romance Is 'Staged'
- Watch James Van Der Beek Channel Diplo to Promote Mad Decent Block Party
- Jessica Simpson Reportedly Hires 'Homely' Nannies Because She Fears Her Husband Will Cheat on Her
- Your Favorite 'Nashville' Stars Are Returning for Season 5. Find Out Which Ones