Mariah Carey, Jennifer Hudson and More Tapped to Perform at BET Honors
Mariah Carey and Jennifer Hudson are among A-list musicians who will perform at the 2014 BET Honors. Other performers at the annual event include Tamar Braxton, Smokey Robinson and Wayne Brady.
BET Honors celebrates the achievements of notable African Americans in music, literature, entertainment, media, service and education. This year's ceremony will take place at the Warner Theatre in Washington, D.C. on Saturday, February 8.
Honorees include singer Aretha Franklin, rapper/actor Ice Cube, Motown Records founder Berry Gordy, American Express CEO Ken Chenault, and visual artist Carrie Mae Weems. Ludacris, Mack Wilds, Rev. Al Sharpton and "Scandal" actor Joe Morton will serve as presenters while Brady will also take the stage as a host.
The event will premiere in the U.S. during Black History Month on Monday, February 24. It will later air on BET's international network on February 28. Ticket sales for the show will benefit the Women Veterans Interactive (WVI), an organization that provides housing options and support for veterans and their families.
More Mariah Carey News
- Kylie Jenner Wraps Her Body With Real Snake in Sneak Peek of Sexy 2017 Calendar
- Lady GaGa Shares Kindness With the Help of Taylor Kinney and Her Mom
- Shia LaBeouf Unleashes New Freestyle in Response to Soulja Boy's Threats
- Nicki Minaj Gets Heavily Criticized for Making Fun of Mentally Ill Woman
- 'The Mummy' Director on Whether Tom Cruise's Character Dies in the First Trailer
- 'Westworld' Showrunners Address Evil Dolores and Ford's Fate
- Justin Bieber Announces 2017 U.S. Stadium Tour Dates
- Blac Chyna Seems to Diss Kylie Jenner and Tyga on Snapchat. Is This Khloe's Response?