Mariah Carey, Jennifer Hudson and More Tapped to Perform at BET Honors
Mariah Carey and Jennifer Hudson are among A-list musicians who will perform at the 2014 BET Honors. Other performers at the annual event include Tamar Braxton, Smokey Robinson and Wayne Brady.
BET Honors celebrates the achievements of notable African Americans in music, literature, entertainment, media, service and education. This year's ceremony will take place at the Warner Theatre in Washington, D.C. on Saturday, February 8.
Honorees include singer Aretha Franklin, rapper/actor Ice Cube, Motown Records founder Berry Gordy, American Express CEO Ken Chenault, and visual artist Carrie Mae Weems. Ludacris, Mack Wilds, Rev. Al Sharpton and "Scandal" actor Joe Morton will serve as presenters while Brady will also take the stage as a host.
The event will premiere in the U.S. during Black History Month on Monday, February 24. It will later air on BET's international network on February 28. Ticket sales for the show will benefit the Women Veterans Interactive (WVI), an organization that provides housing options and support for veterans and their families.
More Mariah Carey News
- Candice Swanepoel Bares Baby Bump While Posing Completely Naked in This Photo
- 'Sesame Street' Reconsiders Layoffs After Public Outcry, Actor Says
- Joe Biden to Guest Star on 'Law and Order: SVU'. Get the First Look
- Listen to Pink and Kenny Chesney's New Song 'Setting the World on Fire'
- Lindsay Lohan Isn't Pregnant, Close Friend Hofit Golan Confirms
- Mila Kunis and Ashton Kutcher Already Planning for Third Baby
- Marvel Confirms 'Avengers: Infinity War' Is One Movie, 'Avengers 4' Is Now Untitled
- Listen to Jason Derulo's New Single 'Kiss the Sky' Off His 'Platinum Hits' Album