Dylan Farrow Talks About 'Backlash' Following Sexual Abuse Claims Against Woody Allen
Following the release of an open letter in which she claimed her father Woody Allen had molested her when she was 7, Dylan Farrow has now opened up about "backlash" she received. In an interview with PEOPLE in its latest issue, Dylan said that she knew some people probably would assume she wrote the letter to hurt Woody following the success of "Blue Jasmine".
"I knew there were people saying I was a liar and that this was part of some smear campaign - some bitter vendetta of my mother's. I didn't realize that it was going to be a betrayal of this magnitude," she said. Although Dylan gained support from her mother Mia Farrow and brother Ronan Farrow, her other brother Moses Farrow recently said that Dylan's claims were not true.
"My brother has broken my heart. Moses divorced himself from the family a long time ago. I always missed him. I loved him and I kept him in my thoughts. These lies - this betrayal - is unfathomable to me coming from a brother I loved and cherished and grew up with," Dylan shared while sobbing. "He has betrayed me in the cruelest way imaginable, and betrayed my family and my mother who has loved him since day one. His betrayal is the lowest form of evil that I could ever imagine."
Mia, who previously expressed her support to Dylan in a Twitter post, was also shocked after learning of Moses' statement, in which he said Mia fed the young Dylan the abuse claims. "She was stunned. She couldn't believe that he betrayed her and me and the family like this. Her reaction is on par with mine," Dylan continued.
"My intention in writing that piece was to put the truth on paper from a voice that was not able to speak before," Dylan added. In the interview, Dylan also explained that she wanted to encourage other victims of abuse to seek for help, saying, "I am hoping to help at least one person out there. And that's why I spoke out."
More Woody Allen News
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs
- Jennifer Garner Appears to Be Crying During a Reunion With Ben Affleck
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters
- Drake Trips on Rihanna's Dress After Declaring His Love for Her at the 2016 MTV VMAs
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.10 Preview: Travis and Chris Run Into New Group