Leonard Nimoy Reveals Serious Lung Disease Due to Smoking
Leonard Nimoy revealed that he had a serious lung condition due to smoking. The "Star Trek" star was photographed wheeled through JFK airport with oxygen tube attached to his nose. He was jetting off for a holiday on the Caribbean island of Saint Martin.
"I quit smoking 30 years ago. Not soon enough. I have COPD. Grandpa says, quit now!! LLAP [Live Long and Prosper]," the 82-year-old actor tweeted. COPD stands for Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease which makes the patients have difficulty breathing due to narrowed airways.
Nimoy wanted his Twitter followers to dodge an illness like him, writing, "Smokers, please understand. If you quit after you're diagnosed with lung damage it's too late. Grandpa says learn my lesson. Quit now." He added, "I'm doing OK. Just can't walk distances. Love my life, family, friends and followers. LLAP."
Despite his frail health, Nimoy is still active in the movie world and has just completed his latest project. "Just taped my comments for Star Trek Fest to be aired on EPIX Feb. 16th. Still enjoying my life," he tweeted.
- Iggy Azalea and French Montana Are Pictured Kissing as a Source Confirms Their Relationship
- It's Official: 'Pretty Little Liars' to End With Season 7, 'Grimm' Canceled After 6 Seasons
- Red Band Trailer for 'Kevin Hart: What Now?' Sees Halle Berry as the Comedian's Bond Girl
- Watch Ariana Grande and Nicki Minaj Ooze Sexiness in 'Side to Side' Video
- Is Kanye West Trying to Make Up With Taylor Swift With This Picture?
- Bella Thorne Rises to Stardom in Trailer for 'Famous in Love' From 'Pretty Little Liars' Creator
- Ben Affleck's Batman May Face Off Deathstroke in Solo Movie
- Justin Bieber Accidentally Reactivates Instagram Account