Leonard Nimoy Reveals Serious Lung Disease Due to Smoking
Leonard Nimoy revealed that he had a serious lung condition due to smoking. The "Star Trek" star was photographed wheeled through JFK airport with oxygen tube attached to his nose. He was jetting off for a holiday on the Caribbean island of Saint Martin.
"I quit smoking 30 years ago. Not soon enough. I have COPD. Grandpa says, quit now!! LLAP [Live Long and Prosper]," the 82-year-old actor tweeted. COPD stands for Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease which makes the patients have difficulty breathing due to narrowed airways.
Nimoy wanted his Twitter followers to dodge an illness like him, writing, "Smokers, please understand. If you quit after you're diagnosed with lung damage it's too late. Grandpa says learn my lesson. Quit now." He added, "I'm doing OK. Just can't walk distances. Love my life, family, friends and followers. LLAP."
Despite his frail health, Nimoy is still active in the movie world and has just completed his latest project. "Just taped my comments for Star Trek Fest to be aired on EPIX Feb. 16th. Still enjoying my life," he tweeted.
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics