Leonard Nimoy Reveals Serious Lung Disease Due to Smoking
Leonard Nimoy revealed that he had a serious lung condition due to smoking. The "Star Trek" star was photographed wheeled through JFK airport with oxygen tube attached to his nose. He was jetting off for a holiday on the Caribbean island of Saint Martin.
"I quit smoking 30 years ago. Not soon enough. I have COPD. Grandpa says, quit now!! LLAP [Live Long and Prosper]," the 82-year-old actor tweeted. COPD stands for Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease which makes the patients have difficulty breathing due to narrowed airways.
Nimoy wanted his Twitter followers to dodge an illness like him, writing, "Smokers, please understand. If you quit after you're diagnosed with lung damage it's too late. Grandpa says learn my lesson. Quit now." He added, "I'm doing OK. Just can't walk distances. Love my life, family, friends and followers. LLAP."
Despite his frail health, Nimoy is still active in the movie world and has just completed his latest project. "Just taped my comments for Star Trek Fest to be aired on EPIX Feb. 16th. Still enjoying my life," he tweeted.
- Amber Rose Says Julianne Hough Body Shamed Her With Her 'DWTS' Comment
- 'Wonder Woman' Writer Confirms Diana Prince Is 'Obviously' Bisexual
- Tyga May Have His Mom's Car Repossessed
- Get First Look at 'Outlander' Season 3
- Benedict Cumberbatch May Confirm Doctor Strange's Appearance in 'Thor: Ragnarok'
- Donald Trump Once Body-Shamed Kim Kardashian Too. This Is What He Said About Her
- Lena Dunham and Allison Williams Tearfully Say Goodbye to 'Girls' as Filming Wraps
- These Photos of Jim Carrey and Late Ex Suggest Her Marriage to Estranged Husband Was Fake