Leonard Nimoy Reveals Serious Lung Disease Due to Smoking
Leonard Nimoy revealed that he had a serious lung condition due to smoking. The "Star Trek" star was photographed wheeled through JFK airport with oxygen tube attached to his nose. He was jetting off for a holiday on the Caribbean island of Saint Martin.
"I quit smoking 30 years ago. Not soon enough. I have COPD. Grandpa says, quit now!! LLAP [Live Long and Prosper]," the 82-year-old actor tweeted. COPD stands for Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease which makes the patients have difficulty breathing due to narrowed airways.
Nimoy wanted his Twitter followers to dodge an illness like him, writing, "Smokers, please understand. If you quit after you're diagnosed with lung damage it's too late. Grandpa says learn my lesson. Quit now." He added, "I'm doing OK. Just can't walk distances. Love my life, family, friends and followers. LLAP."
Despite his frail health, Nimoy is still active in the movie world and has just completed his latest project. "Just taped my comments for Star Trek Fest to be aired on EPIX Feb. 16th. Still enjoying my life," he tweeted.
- Taylor Kinney Gives Lady GaGa 'Ultimatum' as She's Still Undecided About Wedding Details
- Kim Kardashian Steals the Show at Scott Disick's Birthday Party With Her Barely-There Lace Dress
- Proud Papa Chris Brown Shares Cute Pictures of Royalty to Celebrate Her Birthday
- Amanda Holden Poses Naked for Charity. See the Racy Pic!
- Bruno Mars Is Readying a New Album for November
- Mariah Carey's Diva Antics: She Has Her Glam Team Work on Her While She Sleeps
- Kim Kardashian Kicks Kanye West Out of Their Bel Air House. Why?
- Watch Andrew Lincoln and Norman Reedus Envision Lighter 'Walking Dead' in NBC's Red Nose Day Special