Shakira Slammed for New Music Video That Promotes 'Lesbianism'
Shakira has been criticized for her recently-released music video for "Can't Remember to Forget You", her duet with Rihanna. A Colombian councilman, Marco Fidel Ramirez, urges Colombia's National Television Authority to ban the sexy clip from airing on any of the nation's channels.
The conservative Christian councilman from Bogota said the video, which features the Latin singer and the Bajan beauty donning revealing outfits, cozying up to each other, and smoking cigars, "damages the moral character of the youth of Bogota, Colombia and Latin America." He also dubbed the "Hips Don't Lie" songstress a reference point for a society in moral decay.
Ramirez added that Shakira and RiRi should be ashamed with the song which he claimed also promoted tobacco use, stealing and killing. "Our Shakira with her erotic video is promoting tobacco usage and has become the worst example for our youth," he wrote in one of his Twitter posts that pointed out the "Dangers of Shakira's Video."
"Shakira's new video is a shameless case for lesbianism and immorality. It is a danger to children," he added, calling the video "simply gross" and an "unabashed glorification of lesbianism." He further claimed, "It sends a provocative message to weak people who can be polluted and induced to practice (lesbianism)."
Ramirez, who declared himself "the defender of principles and values," previously criticized Halloween celebration in Bogota, calling it "satanic party."
- 'The Voice' Battle Round Night 4: Coaches Round Out Teams of 8. See Who Makes the Cut!
- Missing His Family? Brad Pitt 'Secretly Joined' Angelina Jolie and Kids on Recent Cambodia Trip
- First Gloomy Footage of 'Annihilation' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- 'Bones' Showrunner on Series Finale: 'It's the End, but It's Not the End'
- Spider-Man May Leave Marvel Cinematic Universe After 'Spiderman: Homecoming' Sequel
- Harry Styles to Make Debut as Solo Artist on 'Saturday Night Live'
- Amy Poehler and Nick Offerman Reunite for NBC's Competition Series 'Handmade Project'
- Mila Kunis Debuts Amazing Post-Baby Body, 4 Months After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri