Demi Lovato Tweets Supportive Message Following Selena Gomez Rehab News
Demi Lovato wrote a supportive message following the news that Selena Gomez had completed a rehab stint in January. The "Neon Lights" singer, who sought treatment for drug abuse and other issues in 2010, shared some wise words on Twitter on Wednesday, February 5. "Weakness is living in denial. Only the strongest people ask for help," she tweeted.
A representative for Gomez confirmed earlier that day that the "Come & Get It" singer checked into the Dawn of the Meadows facility in Arizona. The representative did not reveal more details, but stated that the rehab was "not for substance abuse." She was admitted to the facility on January 5 and completed the treatment about two weeks later.
"She's never been better. She's strong and great," a source told E! News following the rehab news. "She just needed to clear her head," the source added of the star's decision to check into rehab.
Another source, meanwhile, said that the 21-year-old star checked into rehab because of Justin Bieber-related issues. "The last straw was seeing them on the Segways. She needed to work on her emotional life. She needed to learn tools on how to deal with Justin and letting go of that relationship. This is the first time she's ever taken the time to deal with issues, to deal with herself, with a therapist," the source explained.
More Demi Lovato News
- Watch Charlie Puth's Sexy Music Video for 'Attention'
- Real-Life Vigilante! Tom Hardy Goes Into 'Superhero Mode' to Take Down a Thief
- Watch First Footage of ABC's 'Dirty Dancing' Remake
- Rihanna on Kylie Jenner and Travis Scott's Romance: She Thinks It's 'Tasteless'
- Lee Sung Kyung and Nam Joo Hyuk Are Reportedly Dating
- Jenna Dewan Reportedly Joins Channing Tatum at 'Magic Mike Live' Premiere Due to Trust Issues
- Watch Preview of Ty Dolla $ign and Lil Yachty's Collaboration for 'Beach House 3'
- George and Amal Clooney Reportedly to Spend Over $1 M on a Royal-Like Delivery Experience