Demi Lovato Tweets Supportive Message Following Selena Gomez Rehab News
Demi Lovato wrote a supportive message following the news that Selena Gomez had completed a rehab stint in January. The "Neon Lights" singer, who sought treatment for drug abuse and other issues in 2010, shared some wise words on Twitter on Wednesday, February 5. "Weakness is living in denial. Only the strongest people ask for help," she tweeted.
A representative for Gomez confirmed earlier that day that the "Come & Get It" singer checked into the Dawn of the Meadows facility in Arizona. The representative did not reveal more details, but stated that the rehab was "not for substance abuse." She was admitted to the facility on January 5 and completed the treatment about two weeks later.
"She's never been better. She's strong and great," a source told E! News following the rehab news. "She just needed to clear her head," the source added of the star's decision to check into rehab.
Another source, meanwhile, said that the 21-year-old star checked into rehab because of Justin Bieber-related issues. "The last straw was seeing them on the Segways. She needed to work on her emotional life. She needed to learn tools on how to deal with Justin and letting go of that relationship. This is the first time she's ever taken the time to deal with issues, to deal with herself, with a therapist," the source explained.
More Demi Lovato News
- Judi Dench Gets Her First Tattoo at Her 81st Birthday
- Keri Russell Reveals Her Baby's Gender and Name
- Debby Ryan Gets Probation After Pleading No Contest to DUI
- Justin Bieber Falls Again on Stage During His Concert
- Scott Eastwood Is in Talks to Star in 'Pacific Rim 2'
- Video: Chris Brown Throws a Fan's Phone Used to Film Him at a Club
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' Season 4 Casting News Fuels the Ghost Rider Speculation
- 'Quantico' Beauty Priyanka Chopra Reveals She Has 'Never Dated.' Here's Why