Lady GaGa Opens Up About Battling Depression at the End of 2013
Lady GaGa reveals that she battled depression at the end of 2013 in a March edition of Harper's Bazaar which will be available on newsstands on February 18. Gracing the magazine's cover, the Mother Monster details her struggle to find happiness in the issue which also features her photos which were taken by photographer Terry Richardson.
"I went through a rough time last year. I felt very taken advantage of by people I trusted," says the "Applause" singer. "I became very depressed at the end of 2013. I was exhausted fighting people off. I couldn't even feel my own heartbeat. I was angry, cynical, and had this deep sadness like an anchor dragging everywhere I go. I just didn't feel like fighting anymore. I didn't feel like standing up for myself one more time - to one more person who lied to me," she continues. "I really felt like I was dying - my light completely out."
The 27-year-old pop star thankfully was able to fight her condition. "I said to myself, 'Whatever is left in there, even just one light molecule, you will find it and make it multiply. You have to for you. You have to for your music. You have to for your fans and your family.' Depression doesn't take away your talents - it just makes them harder to find. But I always find it. I learned that my sadness never destroyed what was great about me. You just have to go back to that greatness, find that one little light that's left. I'm lucky I found one little glimmer stored away."
In the interview, GaGa also reveals that she no longer had eating disorder. "I am better with food. I don't have an eating disorder anymore," she announces.
More Lady GaGa News
- James Blunt Sings Touching New Song at Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds' Memorial
- 'Orange Is the New Black' Star Samira Wiley Marries the Show's Writer Lauren Morelli
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.15 Preview: Aladdin and Jasmine Meet Ariel in 'A Wondrous Place'
- Wishes Turn Into Nightmares in 'Wish Upon' New Trailer
- Sade Convinces Drake Not to Diss Kendrick Lamar Over a Track
- Selena Gomez Cheers on The Weeknd at Brazilian Concert
- 'Power Rangers' Future Installment May Feature Female Green Ranger
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss on the Ending: No One Can Get Happy Ending Without Some Struggle