Lady GaGa Opens Up About Battling Depression at the End of 2013
Lady GaGa reveals that she battled depression at the end of 2013 in a March edition of Harper's Bazaar which will be available on newsstands on February 18. Gracing the magazine's cover, the Mother Monster details her struggle to find happiness in the issue which also features her photos which were taken by photographer Terry Richardson.
"I went through a rough time last year. I felt very taken advantage of by people I trusted," says the "Applause" singer. "I became very depressed at the end of 2013. I was exhausted fighting people off. I couldn't even feel my own heartbeat. I was angry, cynical, and had this deep sadness like an anchor dragging everywhere I go. I just didn't feel like fighting anymore. I didn't feel like standing up for myself one more time - to one more person who lied to me," she continues. "I really felt like I was dying - my light completely out."
The 27-year-old pop star thankfully was able to fight her condition. "I said to myself, 'Whatever is left in there, even just one light molecule, you will find it and make it multiply. You have to for you. You have to for your music. You have to for your fans and your family.' Depression doesn't take away your talents - it just makes them harder to find. But I always find it. I learned that my sadness never destroyed what was great about me. You just have to go back to that greatness, find that one little light that's left. I'm lucky I found one little glimmer stored away."
In the interview, GaGa also reveals that she no longer had eating disorder. "I am better with food. I don't have an eating disorder anymore," she announces.
More Lady GaGa News
- 'The Ring' Prank Is Too Real to Not Be Terrified. See People's Reactions
- First Look at Sebastian Stan in 'I, Tonya' Arrives as Caitlin Carver Joins the Cast
- Furious Chris Brown Hits Back at Aziz Ansari for Comparing Him to Donald Trump
- Michelle Rodriguez Is a Transgender in 'The Assignment' Trailer
- Bella Hadid Gets Frisky in Threesome Photo With Kendall Jenner and Riccardo Tisci
- Alec Baldwin Will Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the 17th Time
- Sabrina Carpenter Slays a Mash-Up of Ed Sheeran's 'Shape of You' and TLC's 'No Scrubs'
- Did Olivia Munn Just Throw Shade at Aaron Rodgers' Family?