Axl Rose Pokes Fun at Red Hot Chili Peppers Super Bowl Performance Controversy
Axl Rose weighed in on the controversies surrounding Red Hot Chili Peppers' literally-unplugged performance at the recent Super Bowl. The Guns N' Roses rocker cracked, "Maybe they all had microchips installed in their asses," jokingly adding that it could be part of new invention of "Google Ass." He quipped, "They could be 'Scientific Pioneers!' "
Bassist Flea admitted that, while Anthony Kiedis sang live, the other members of the band faked their performance. "In the name of science and for all mankind Flea courageously had a newly invented breakthrough in microchip technology installed in his ass that picked up the frequencies of his bass and transmitted them to his amplifier," Axl joked.
The GNR member posted his comment in an op-ed on Billboard. "If the band wasn't really playing or wireless or whatever and Anthony was really singing they may have set a new world record for the largest karaoke audience ever! Awesome!" he continued.
He also said, "I enjoyed the show and I've no idea what the real story is nor would I want to suggest or imply anyone wasn't actually performing or that what they were playing wasn't what we actually heard. That said I feel it's important to always look on the positive side of things and to give the benefit of doubt."
RHCP shared the stage with Bruno Mars, collaborating to deliver "Give It Away". During the show, Flea made a high jump in the air and unwittingly showed that his bass wasn't even connected to his amp. "NFL does not want to risk their show being botched by bad sound, period," Flea later addressed the issue in an open letter.
- Tarek El Moussa Addresses Rumors He Called Estranged Wife Christina a 'Whore'
- George Clooney Writes Touching Tribute to Cousin and 'NCIS: LA' Star Miguel Ferrer Who Dies at 61
- Little Mix Releases Sexy and Colorful Music Video for 'Touch'
- ABC Is Considering 'Black-ish' Spin-Off Starring Yara Shahidi
- Anne Hathaway to Join Rebel Wilson in 'Nasty Women'
- Everyone Loves Chrissy Teigen for Showing Off Her Stretch Marks in New Photo
- Mandy Moore Is Eager to Have Kids 'Sooner Than Later.' Ready to Start a Family?
- Ed Sheeran Wants to Collaborate With Beyonce, Plans Tour in March