Evangeline Lilly in Talks for Female Lead in 'Ant-Man'
Evangeline Lilly is circling a role in upcoming big-screen adaptation of Marvel's superhero "Ant-Man". Variety reports that the former "Lost" star is in negotiations to play the leading lady in the movie that already cast Michael Douglas and Paul Rudd on the lead roles.
Edgar Wright directs the pic and co-writes the screenplay with Joe Cornish. Douglas is tapped to play Dr. Hank Pym, the inventor of original Ant-Man equipment. Meanwhile, Rudd is attached to play Scott Lang, who would later take on the superhero name.
It's unclear whom Lilly will be playing in the film, but rumor suggests the female lead will be Pym's daughter who becomes Lang's love interest. Bryce Dallas Howard and Rudd's "Parks and Recreation" co-star Rashida Jones were previously rumored for the role.
The superhero film was originally set for July 31, 2015 release before being moved up to July 17 of the same year. It is set to open against Warner Bros.' Peter Pan origin movie titled "Pan (2015)" which will be directed by Joe Wright. The plotline is still scarce.
Lilly was last seen on the big screen in Peter Jackson's "The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug", playing an original character created as an expansion of the big-screen take on J.R.R. Tolkien's book. She is expected to reprise her role as Woodland Elf, Tauriel, in "The Hobbit: There and Back Again".
- Get a Look at Intriguing New Footage of 'King Arthur: Legend of the Sword'
- Nicole Scherzinger Flashes Ample Cleavage and Toned Abs for New Ad
- Kurt Sutter Reveals The Mayans Originally Didn't Exist in 'Sons of Anarchy'
- Colton Haynes Introduces New Boyfriend Jeff Leatham
- First Look at Kurt Russell as Ego the Living Planet in 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'
- Here's the First Look of Shocker's Costume in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Watch John Legend's Show-Stopping Performance at NBA All-Star Game 2017 Halftime Show
- Madonna's Malawi Twins' Father Says He Didn't Realize the Adoption Was Permanent