Rep: Selena Gomez Checked Into Rehab
Selena Gomez's representative revealed that the singer went to rehab last month but confirmed that it was not for substance abuse. She checked into Dawn of the Meadows facility in Arizona on January 5, around the time she canceled her tour dates in Asia and Australia.
"Selena voluntarily spent time at Meadows but not for substance abuse," her representative said in a statement. She was in the facility for approximately two weeks. RadarOnline reported that Gomez's hard-partying habits had friends and family worried.
The facility is billed as a "groundbreaking, intensive, experientially-based, inpatient treatment program for emerging adults ages 18-26 who struggle with emotional trauma, addiction, or dual diagnosis concerns."
Upon canceling her "Stars Dance" concert in December, the 21-year-old said, "My fans are so important to me and I would never want to disappoint them. But it has become clear to me and those close to me that after many years of putting my work first, I need to spend some time on myself in order to be the best person I can be. To my fans, I sincerely apologize and I hope you guys know how much each and every one of you mean to me."
More Selena Gomez News
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival