Rep: Selena Gomez Checked Into Rehab
Selena Gomez's representative revealed that the singer went to rehab last month but confirmed that it was not for substance abuse. She checked into Dawn of the Meadows facility in Arizona on January 5, around the time she canceled her tour dates in Asia and Australia.
"Selena voluntarily spent time at Meadows but not for substance abuse," her representative said in a statement. She was in the facility for approximately two weeks. RadarOnline reported that Gomez's hard-partying habits had friends and family worried.
The facility is billed as a "groundbreaking, intensive, experientially-based, inpatient treatment program for emerging adults ages 18-26 who struggle with emotional trauma, addiction, or dual diagnosis concerns."
Upon canceling her "Stars Dance" concert in December, the 21-year-old said, "My fans are so important to me and I would never want to disappoint them. But it has become clear to me and those close to me that after many years of putting my work first, I need to spend some time on myself in order to be the best person I can be. To my fans, I sincerely apologize and I hope you guys know how much each and every one of you mean to me."
More Selena Gomez News
- Find Out How Jaden Smith Tricked His Dad Will Smith Into Letting Him Drink on His Birthday
- Jean-Claude Van Damme Walks Out of TV Interview After Reporter Asks This Question
- Matt Damon Will Take a Break From Acting Next Year
- Kanye West Launches Twitter Rants About Apple and Tidal Beef
- Tyler Posey Clarifies 'I Am Gay' Snapchat Video, Apologizes for Fake Coming Out
- Nick Jonas Offered $2 Million to Perform at RNC
- Director Paul Feig Slams Sony for Deleting 'Ghostbusters' Pro-Hillary Tweet
- 'Game of Thrones' Set to End With Season 8, Spin-Off Plan Confirmed