Rep: Selena Gomez Checked Into Rehab
Selena Gomez's representative revealed that the singer went to rehab last month but confirmed that it was not for substance abuse. She checked into Dawn of the Meadows facility in Arizona on January 5, around the time she canceled her tour dates in Asia and Australia.
"Selena voluntarily spent time at Meadows but not for substance abuse," her representative said in a statement. She was in the facility for approximately two weeks. RadarOnline reported that Gomez's hard-partying habits had friends and family worried.
The facility is billed as a "groundbreaking, intensive, experientially-based, inpatient treatment program for emerging adults ages 18-26 who struggle with emotional trauma, addiction, or dual diagnosis concerns."
Upon canceling her "Stars Dance" concert in December, the 21-year-old said, "My fans are so important to me and I would never want to disappoint them. But it has become clear to me and those close to me that after many years of putting my work first, I need to spend some time on myself in order to be the best person I can be. To my fans, I sincerely apologize and I hope you guys know how much each and every one of you mean to me."
More Selena Gomez News
- 'The Bachelorette' Season 13 Premiere: The Crazy One, the Creepy One and the First Kiss
- Is Brandy Pregnant With New BF Sir the Baptist's Child?
- Rihanna and Lupita Nyong'o to Star in a Movie Based on a Twitter Sensation
- Kourtney Kardashian and Kendall Jenner Flaunt Booties in Skimpy Swimsuits During Vacation in Cannes
- Lana Del Rey Debuts 'Cherry', Dishes on Collaboration With Stevie Nicks
- Lady GaGa Posts Topless Pic to Wish Naomi Campbell Happy Birthday
- 'The Voice' Live Finale Part 1: Four Finalists Sing for the Win
- Taylor Swift's Alleged BF Joe Alwyn Relocating to the States to Be Closer to Her