Rep: Selena Gomez Checked Into Rehab
Selena Gomez's representative revealed that the singer went to rehab last month but confirmed that it was not for substance abuse. She checked into Dawn of the Meadows facility in Arizona on January 5, around the time she canceled her tour dates in Asia and Australia.
"Selena voluntarily spent time at Meadows but not for substance abuse," her representative said in a statement. She was in the facility for approximately two weeks. RadarOnline reported that Gomez's hard-partying habits had friends and family worried.
The facility is billed as a "groundbreaking, intensive, experientially-based, inpatient treatment program for emerging adults ages 18-26 who struggle with emotional trauma, addiction, or dual diagnosis concerns."
Upon canceling her "Stars Dance" concert in December, the 21-year-old said, "My fans are so important to me and I would never want to disappoint them. But it has become clear to me and those close to me that after many years of putting my work first, I need to spend some time on myself in order to be the best person I can be. To my fans, I sincerely apologize and I hope you guys know how much each and every one of you mean to me."
More Selena Gomez News
- Spidey Faces Off Vulture in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' First Trailer
- AFI Lists 'Game of Thrones', 'The Americans' and 'Better Call Saul' as Best TV Shows of 2016
- Kanye West Debuts Blonde Hair While Making First Public Appearance Since Hospitalization
- 'Logan' Reveals First Look at Richard E. Grant's Zander Rice
- Candace Cameron Exits 'The View' Because of 'Fuller House'
- First Look at Dinozords Unveiled in 'Power Rangers' Poster
- Kobe Bryant and Wife Vanessa Welcome Baby No. 3
- John Cena Enters Battlefield in Intense Trailer for Doug Liman's 'The Wall'