One of Cory Monteith's Last Songs With His Band Bonnie Dune Released
Cory Monteith's band Bonnie Dune has released one of the songs they recorded together before the "Glee" star died last July. The track is titled "Maybe Tonight" and it will be featured in "Miramar", the band's debut album.
The album will contain six songs, which were all recorded in Los Angeles with Monteith serving as the drummer. The band's lead vocalist Justin Wilczynski told E! News that they had finished the tracks "quite a while ago."
"Some things happened where Cory needed to take a break and we realized that he was struggling and that he was having a hard time, so we took a bit of a hiatus from the writing and recording process," he explained.
He added, "We were always thinking we were going to go back and do more songs to release a full length record-I wanted to do a 10-song record. When Cory passed we decided we would just release all the songs we recorded with him and release all the ones that we have."
Wilczynski went on saying that this wouldn't be a farewell album for Monteith. Instead, the musician would call it more of a "celebration of his life and what he enjoyed doing," adding, "He definitely meant a lot to us and it was something that Cory really had a great time doing, we all did."
Wilczynski recalled that Monteith was "excited" when he listened to the finished songs. " 'This is amazing, I cannot believe how great it turned out.' I've never seen him that excited about a recording before," he said and revealed that Monteith also showed the songs to then-girlfriend Lea Michele.
"She really liked them a lot," Wilczynski continued. "I am a big fan of her stuff and I'm proud of her. I was there during her process of writing and recording and it was really cool to see her I think become an artist like she's never been before."
- People's Choice Awards 2017: 'Outlander' Leads the Full TV Winner List
- Brad Pitt Reportedly Moving In With Kate Hudson Amid Angelina Jolie Divorce
- People's Choice Awards 2017: 'Finding Dory' Leads Movie Winners
- Janelle Monae and Maxwell Are Set to Perform at Women's March
- Nicole Kidman Reportedly Expecting a Baby at 49
- Julia Roberts Joins 'Smurfs: The Lost Village'. Get the First Look!
- Ryan Lochte Unveils Baby's Sex, Dishes on Wedding Plans With Fiancee Kayla Rae Reid
- Road to Reconciliation? Kris and Caitlyn Jenner Are Reportedly in Joint Therapy