One of Cory Monteith's Last Songs With His Band Bonnie Dune Released
Cory Monteith's band Bonnie Dune has released one of the songs they recorded together before the "Glee" star died last July. The track is titled "Maybe Tonight" and it will be featured in "Miramar", the band's debut album.
The album will contain six songs, which were all recorded in Los Angeles with Monteith serving as the drummer. The band's lead vocalist Justin Wilczynski told E! News that they had finished the tracks "quite a while ago."
"Some things happened where Cory needed to take a break and we realized that he was struggling and that he was having a hard time, so we took a bit of a hiatus from the writing and recording process," he explained.
He added, "We were always thinking we were going to go back and do more songs to release a full length record-I wanted to do a 10-song record. When Cory passed we decided we would just release all the songs we recorded with him and release all the ones that we have."
Wilczynski went on saying that this wouldn't be a farewell album for Monteith. Instead, the musician would call it more of a "celebration of his life and what he enjoyed doing," adding, "He definitely meant a lot to us and it was something that Cory really had a great time doing, we all did."
Wilczynski recalled that Monteith was "excited" when he listened to the finished songs. " 'This is amazing, I cannot believe how great it turned out.' I've never seen him that excited about a recording before," he said and revealed that Monteith also showed the songs to then-girlfriend Lea Michele.
"She really liked them a lot," Wilczynski continued. "I am a big fan of her stuff and I'm proud of her. I was there during her process of writing and recording and it was really cool to see her I think become an artist like she's never been before."
- Pro Dancers of 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23 Revealed
- Meek Mill Infuriated Drake After He Tried to Block Canadian Rapper From Partying in Philly
- Vin Diesel Thinks The Rock 'Shined' Amid 'Fast and Furious 8' On-Set Beef
- Is He Sorry? Justin Bieber Reunites With Sofia Richie Ahead of Her 18th Birthday
- Stephen Colbert Mocks Ryan Lochte's Robbery Claims, Spoofs His Interview With Matt Lauer
- Watch Helen Mirren Perfectly Handle a Sexist Interviewer 40 Years Ago
- Early Concept Art of 'Captain America: Civil War' Sees Ant-Man Fighting the Cap
- James Harden's Signature Shoes Are So Bad That People Make Fun of Them. Read the Funny Ones