Ke$ha Postpones Tour Dates to Continue Treatment for Eating Disorder
Ke$ha kicked off 2014 by checking herself into rehab to treat her eating disorder. Now, the eccentric singer announces that she will postpone her U.S. tour dates scheduled for March and April to continue treatment.
"I was so looking forward to performing at these dates but I need to follow my doctor's advice and get my health back on track," the singer said in a statement released on Tuesday, February 4. "All of your support during this time has been so amazing. I couldn't have done this without you all. I look forward to coming back stronger than ever on the next tour."
Ke$ha was supposed to perform in Hammond, Indiana on March 15 and Green Bay, Wisconsin on April 13. She will announce the new dates for the two shows later.
In early January, Ke$ha entered Chicago's Timberline Knolls Residential Treatment Center to treat her eating disorder which mom Pebe Sebert blamed on her daughter's longtime producer Dr. Luke.
"[Dr. Luke] has just always been very disrespectful about [Ke$ha's] weight," Sebert, who eventually joined the pop star at the same facility, recently revealed. "He'd say it in certain ways, like 'Why don't you try running?' She was doing everything and not getting thin fast enough, and that's when she first became bulimic." Dr. Luke has denied the allegation.
Late last month, Ke$ha took to Twitter to thank her fans for their support. "I just wanted to say that this is really hard and necessary work," she wrote. "I'm grateful for all the love and support."
More Ke$ha News
- Joanna Krupa Causes Internet Frenzy After Seemingly Posing Fully-Naked
- David Ayer Regrets That Joker Is Not 'Suicide Squad' Main Villain
- Robin Excitedly Tries on Different Costumes in First 'Lego Batman Movie' Clip
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Her Breasts in Sheer Top While Strolling Around Paris
- Kanye West Reportedly Ready to Continue His Canceled 'Saint Pablo' Tour
- Chelsea Clinton Branded Hypocrite After Defending Barron Trump From Cyberbullies
- New 'Powerless' Promo Features Crimson Fox Catching a Train
- Woody Harrelson Is Han Solo's Mentor in Upcoming 'Star Wars' Spin-Off