Ke$ha Postpones Tour Dates to Continue Treatment for Eating Disorder
Ke$ha kicked off 2014 by checking herself into rehab to treat her eating disorder. Now, the eccentric singer announces that she will postpone her U.S. tour dates scheduled for March and April to continue treatment.
"I was so looking forward to performing at these dates but I need to follow my doctor's advice and get my health back on track," the singer said in a statement released on Tuesday, February 4. "All of your support during this time has been so amazing. I couldn't have done this without you all. I look forward to coming back stronger than ever on the next tour."
Ke$ha was supposed to perform in Hammond, Indiana on March 15 and Green Bay, Wisconsin on April 13. She will announce the new dates for the two shows later.
In early January, Ke$ha entered Chicago's Timberline Knolls Residential Treatment Center to treat her eating disorder which mom Pebe Sebert blamed on her daughter's longtime producer Dr. Luke.
"[Dr. Luke] has just always been very disrespectful about [Ke$ha's] weight," Sebert, who eventually joined the pop star at the same facility, recently revealed. "He'd say it in certain ways, like 'Why don't you try running?' She was doing everything and not getting thin fast enough, and that's when she first became bulimic." Dr. Luke has denied the allegation.
Late last month, Ke$ha took to Twitter to thank her fans for their support. "I just wanted to say that this is really hard and necessary work," she wrote. "I'm grateful for all the love and support."
More Ke$ha News
- Angelina Jolie Worries Brad Pitt Will Leave Her for Marion Cotillard
- Kanye West Kicks Off 'Saint Pablo Tour' and It Has Flying Stage. How Fans React?
- 'Frustrated' Shawn Mendes Slams Billboard for Misquoting Comments About His Fans
- Sibling Rivalry What? Khloe Kardashian Calls Kim Her 'Body Motivation'
- Robin Thicke, Pharrell and T.I. Officially Appeal 'Blurred Lines' Copyright Verdict
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Bra During Casual Stroll While Kylie Flaunts Major Cleavage
- Demi Moore Joins Cast of R-Rated Comedy 'Rock That Body'
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Are in No Rush to Walk Down the Aisle