The CW Casts The Flash's Leading Lady
"The Flash" cast line-up is expanding with the addition of two new actors. At almost the same time, Candice Patton and Carlos Valdes nabbed regular roles on the potential new series based on DC Comics' character.
Patton, who has starred on "The Game", is cast in the female lead role on the "Arrow" spin-off. She will portray Iris West, a grad student who is also Barry Allen's quick-witted best friend and the daughter of Detective West (Jesse L. Martin). She later becomes a love interest for Barry.
Broadway star Valdes will be seen as Cisco Ramon, who is described as a mechanical engineering genius and the youngest member of the team of scientists at STAR Labs. Born into a lower-income family, Cisco's brains and talent helped him reach his potential. He is loyal and eager and provides the comic relief in contrast to his stiff co-workers.
"Glee" alum Grant Gustin takes on the lead role as Barry Allen a.k.a. the titular superhero. Rick Cosnett and Danielle Panabaker join the cast as Detective Eddie Thawne and bioengineering expert Caitlin Snow respectively.
Gustin's Barry was introduced in an episode of "Arrow" last December, but The CW has decided to film "The Flash" as a stand-alone pilot instead of as a backdoor pilot. It's eyed as an origin story similar to what producers did with Stephen Amell's "Arrow".
More The Flash News
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters
- Drake Trips on Rihanna's Dress After Declaring His Love for Her at the 2016 MTV VMAs
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.10 Preview: Travis and Chris Run Into New Group
- Artist of the Week: DJ Snake
- Idris Elba Confirms He Is Done Filming His Part in 'The Dark Tower'
- Kylie Jenner Gets Banned From Entering Club Where Tyga Performs. Here's Why