The CW Casts The Flash's Leading Lady
"The Flash" cast line-up is expanding with the addition of two new actors. At almost the same time, Candice Patton and Carlos Valdes nabbed regular roles on the potential new series based on DC Comics' character.
Patton, who has starred on "The Game", is cast in the female lead role on the "Arrow" spin-off. She will portray Iris West, a grad student who is also Barry Allen's quick-witted best friend and the daughter of Detective West (Jesse L. Martin). She later becomes a love interest for Barry.
Broadway star Valdes will be seen as Cisco Ramon, who is described as a mechanical engineering genius and the youngest member of the team of scientists at STAR Labs. Born into a lower-income family, Cisco's brains and talent helped him reach his potential. He is loyal and eager and provides the comic relief in contrast to his stiff co-workers.
"Glee" alum Grant Gustin takes on the lead role as Barry Allen a.k.a. the titular superhero. Rick Cosnett and Danielle Panabaker join the cast as Detective Eddie Thawne and bioengineering expert Caitlin Snow respectively.
Gustin's Barry was introduced in an episode of "Arrow" last December, but The CW has decided to film "The Flash" as a stand-alone pilot instead of as a backdoor pilot. It's eyed as an origin story similar to what producers did with Stephen Amell's "Arrow".
More The Flash News
- Kourtney Kardashian Cuddles Up to Son Reign in Skimpy Bikini
- Bella Hadid Parades Her Hot Bod in Skimpy Bikini in Monaco
- 'Womanizer' Scott Disick Cozies Up to 6th Woman in Monaco
- Emily Ratajkowski Goes Nude on the Set of New Thriller 'Welcome Home'
- Rihanna Sparks Pregnancy Speculations
- Suzy Hints That She's Missing Boyfriend Lee Min Ho in New Instagram Pic
- Big Bang's G-Dragon Sports Cornrows and Heavy Makeup in New Instagram Pics
- Pregnant Nikki Reed Bares Cleavage in Sexy Maternity Clothes