The CW Casts The Flash's Leading Lady
"The Flash" cast line-up is expanding with the addition of two new actors. At almost the same time, Candice Patton and Carlos Valdes nabbed regular roles on the potential new series based on DC Comics' character.
Patton, who has starred on "The Game", is cast in the female lead role on the "Arrow" spin-off. She will portray Iris West, a grad student who is also Barry Allen's quick-witted best friend and the daughter of Detective West (Jesse L. Martin). She later becomes a love interest for Barry.
Broadway star Valdes will be seen as Cisco Ramon, who is described as a mechanical engineering genius and the youngest member of the team of scientists at STAR Labs. Born into a lower-income family, Cisco's brains and talent helped him reach his potential. He is loyal and eager and provides the comic relief in contrast to his stiff co-workers.
"Glee" alum Grant Gustin takes on the lead role as Barry Allen a.k.a. the titular superhero. Rick Cosnett and Danielle Panabaker join the cast as Detective Eddie Thawne and bioengineering expert Caitlin Snow respectively.
Gustin's Barry was introduced in an episode of "Arrow" last December, but The CW has decided to film "The Flash" as a stand-alone pilot instead of as a backdoor pilot. It's eyed as an origin story similar to what producers did with Stephen Amell's "Arrow".
More The Flash News
- Pixar's Video Reveals Mind-Blowing Hidden Easter Eggs Throughout Their Movies
- Olivia Munn Reportedly Causes a Rift in Aaron Rodgers' Family
- Watch Fifth Harmony and Blake Shelton's Performances at 2017 People's Choice Awards
- Taryn Manning Is Not Leaving 'Orange Is the New Black', Despite Report
- Zayn Malik Shows Off New 'Love' Tattoo Amid Gigi Hadid Engagement Rumors
- Jennifer Lopez Spotted Cozying Up to Drake on Another Date
- Is Jared Leto Returning as Joker in New DC Movie?
- Listen to Big Sean's New Moody Track 'Halfway Off the Balcony'