The CW Casts The Flash's Leading Lady
"The Flash" cast line-up is expanding with the addition of two new actors. At almost the same time, Candice Patton and Carlos Valdes nabbed regular roles on the potential new series based on DC Comics' character.
Patton, who has starred on "The Game", is cast in the female lead role on the "Arrow" spin-off. She will portray Iris West, a grad student who is also Barry Allen's quick-witted best friend and the daughter of Detective West (Jesse L. Martin). She later becomes a love interest for Barry.
Broadway star Valdes will be seen as Cisco Ramon, who is described as a mechanical engineering genius and the youngest member of the team of scientists at STAR Labs. Born into a lower-income family, Cisco's brains and talent helped him reach his potential. He is loyal and eager and provides the comic relief in contrast to his stiff co-workers.
"Glee" alum Grant Gustin takes on the lead role as Barry Allen a.k.a. the titular superhero. Rick Cosnett and Danielle Panabaker join the cast as Detective Eddie Thawne and bioengineering expert Caitlin Snow respectively.
Gustin's Barry was introduced in an episode of "Arrow" last December, but The CW has decided to film "The Flash" as a stand-alone pilot instead of as a backdoor pilot. It's eyed as an origin story similar to what producers did with Stephen Amell's "Arrow".
More The Flash News
- Antonio Banderas Reveals Suffering From Heart Attack
- Harry Styles Teases First Solo Single and Books Release Date
- Liam Payne and Cheryl Welcome Baby Boy - See the Baby's Pic!
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'