Four People Arrested in Connection to Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death
Four people reportedly have been arrested in connection to drugs found in Philip Seymour Hoffman's apartment. According to New York Daily News, Police raided a Chinatown apartment on Mott Street at around 7 P.M. on Tuesday, February 4 and took the four people into custody. All of them are charged with possession of narcotics.
CBS News additionally reports that two men were arrested in one apartment with 50 bags of heroin. In another apartment, the police arrested one man and one woman with unspecified number of bags of heroin. Law enforcement officers reportedly found about 300 bags of heroin in another apartment. The drugs, however, have no "Ace of Spades" label just like the one which was found in Hoffman's apartment.
Det. Brian Sessa of NYPD confirmed to USA Today on early Wednesday that drugs were found during the search. When asked if the four people were connected to the actor's death, Sessa answered, "Not that we're aware of."
Hoffman was found dead of apparent overdose in his apartment on Sunday, February 2. His family announced on Tuesday that the funeral would be private. "In lieu of flowers, the family requests donations be made in Phil's name to two charities that were very close to his heart: The DreamYard Project and the Christopher and Dana Reeve Foundation," the statement read. U.K.'s Mirror reported that the funeral would take place on Friday at New York's St Ignatius of Loyola Catholic Church.
- Katy Perry Crowd-Surfing Twice at Glastonbury 2017
- Blac Chyna Involved in Car Accident
- Kelly Osbourne Shows Her Derriere While Struggling to Get Out of Her Dress
- Kendall Jenner Looks Unrecognizable in Her Latest Instagram Pictures
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London
- Angelina Jolie Is Worrying That Brad Pitt Will Get More Custody
- Amanda Bynes Steps Out for Shopping in Beverly Hills
- Gal Gadot Is Already Planning for Baby No. 3