'The Biggest Loser' Announces a Winner, Ruben Studdard Returns in Season 15 Finale
"The Biggest Loser" has crowned a winner of its 15th season. On the season finale, Bobby Salem, David Brown and Rachel Fredrickson stepped up to the scale one last time to find out who has lost the highest percentage of his/her initial weight.
After months of intense workouts, Rachel was declared the winner, dropping 155 lbs. or 59.62% of her initial weight to 105 lbs. She took home the $250,000 grand prize and nabbed the title of The Biggest Loser.
"I was shocked," the 24-year-old voice-over artist from Los Angeles told PEOPLE backstage after being named season 15 champion. "I came here to gain back my life, and I did exactly that. I've found that proud, confident girl that has so much respect for herself."
David came in second place, losing 222 lbs. (54.28%) to 187 lbs. Bobby, whose struggles with his sexuality inspired his trainer Bob Harper to come out as a gay on the show, finished the third with a weight loss of 188 lbs. (52.51%) to now weigh 170 lbs.
Tumi Oguntala, meanwhile, won the at-home prize. The 41-year-old brand strategist from Clifton Park, N.Y. shed 175 lbs., now weighing at 144 lbs. "I began this journey an obese woman, and I'm standing here happy and healthy," she said. "I couldn't believe it. I just started crying."
On the February 4 episode, "American Idol" alum Ruben Studdard who joined "The Biggest Loser" this season returned to the show to make a musical performance. He sang his new single "Meant to Be", with David Foster playing the piano. Studdard got eliminated in week 10.
More The Biggest Loser News
- Drake Reportedly Has 'Weed Overdose'
- Kanye West 'Would Love to Have More Kids' With Kim Kardashian
- Justin Bieber Facing Arrest in Brazil Over Graffiti Case
- Peter Parker Wants to Be Like Iron Man in New 'Spider-Man Homecoming' Trailer
- Kris Jenner and Corey Gamble Break Up
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Generates Online Outrage After Lifting Up Sarah Paulson's Skirt at PaleyFest
- New Footage of 'Blade Runner 2049' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- Nina Agdal Flaunts Her Enviable Figure in Skimpy Bikinis for New Swimwear Campaign