Jay Leno's Top Joke Target on 'Tonight Show' Is Bill Clinton
Bill Clinton is Jay Leno's top target for his jokes on "Tonight Show". A list compiled by the Center for Media and Public Affairs reveals that the veteran host, who will soon pass the baton to Jimmy Fallon, has made 4,607 jokes about the 42nd President of the United States.
"Leno jokes about powerful people and he jokes about scandals. Bill Clinton is both," says Robert Lichter, the director of the Center for Media and Public Affairs and the author of upcoming book "Politics is a Joke: How TV Comedians are Remaking Political Life".
The study, which analyzed 43,892 jokes Leno made about political figures and celebrities on "Tonight Show "between May 25, 1992 and Jan. 24, 2014, also finds that George W. Bush is No. 2 of Leno's top targets with 3,239 jokes.
Other politicians Al Gore, Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton round out the top 5, while O.J. Simpson places sixth. Monica Lewinsky, with whom Bill Clinton admitted to having had an "inappropriate relationship," also makes it into the top 10.
Jay Leno's top targets on "Tonight Show"
- Bill Clinton - 4,607 jokes
- George W. Bush - 3,239 jokes
- Al Gore - 1,026 jokes
- Barack Obama - 1,011 jokes
- Hillary Clinton - 939 jokes
- O.J. Simpson - 795 jokes
- Dick Cheney - 673 jokes
- Michael Jackson - 505 jokes
- Monica Lewinsky - 454 jokes
- Bob Dole - 452 jokes
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding
- Mariah Carey Reportedly Wants to Withhold Sex Before Her Wedding