Video: Benedict Cumberbatch Meets 'Sherlock' 'Arch-Nemesis' on 'Sesame Street'
Benedict Cumberbatch has stopped by "Sesame Street" to help the muppets deduce a math problem. In a new clip from the children's show, the "August: Osage County" star faces off "Sherlock" "arch-nemesis" and is confused with his famous TV role of the eccentric detective.
In the video titled "Benedict Cumberbatch and the Sign of Four (or is it Three?)", Murray Monster declares himself Murray-arity, a reference to "Sherlock" villain Moriarty. He asks the British actor to solve a "brain-bending challenge," which is to determine whether there are more apples or more oranges on the table.
"You're the super-sleuth. Figure it out!" Murray tells Cumberbatch, who insists, "I'm really just an actor." But Murray responds, "Well, act like a super-sleuth and figure it out!" With the help of the Count, Cumberbatch is finally able to give the right answer and is deemed "one smart man."
The third season of Cumberbatch's "Sherlock" just wrapped up its run in the U.S. last Sunday, February 2 on PBS. The actor was recently also seen in movies "12 Years a Slave" and "The Fifth Estate", and lent his voice to the dragon Smaug in "The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug".
- Beyhive Is on the Hunt for Beyonce's Secret Snapchat Account
- Lionel Richie Puts 'All the Hits Tour' on Hold Due to Knee Surgery
- Did Justin Bieber Just Hint That He's Dating Someone on Twitter?
- Perrie Edwards Sparks Pregnancy Speculation With Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
- Cress Williams to Lead The CW's DC Superhero Series 'Black Lightning'
- Joe Carnahan Rumored to Direct 'X-Force', Ryan Reynolds to Co-Write the Movie
- Did Nicki Minaj Just Diss Lil' Kim in Gucci Mane Collaboration 'Make Love'?
- Fifth Harmony, Nick Viall and Nancy Kerrigan to Join 'DWTS' Season 24