Video: Benedict Cumberbatch Meets 'Sherlock' 'Arch-Nemesis' on 'Sesame Street'
Benedict Cumberbatch has stopped by "Sesame Street" to help the muppets deduce a math problem. In a new clip from the children's show, the "August: Osage County" star faces off "Sherlock" "arch-nemesis" and is confused with his famous TV role of the eccentric detective.
In the video titled "Benedict Cumberbatch and the Sign of Four (or is it Three?)", Murray Monster declares himself Murray-arity, a reference to "Sherlock" villain Moriarty. He asks the British actor to solve a "brain-bending challenge," which is to determine whether there are more apples or more oranges on the table.
"You're the super-sleuth. Figure it out!" Murray tells Cumberbatch, who insists, "I'm really just an actor." But Murray responds, "Well, act like a super-sleuth and figure it out!" With the help of the Count, Cumberbatch is finally able to give the right answer and is deemed "one smart man."
The third season of Cumberbatch's "Sherlock" just wrapped up its run in the U.S. last Sunday, February 2 on PBS. The actor was recently also seen in movies "12 Years a Slave" and "The Fifth Estate", and lent his voice to the dragon Smaug in "The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug".
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Step Out for Romantic Dinner Amid Divorce Rumors
- 'Scandal' to Tackle Alt-Reality Theme in 100th Episode. Get the First Look!
- 'Punisher': New Set Photos Reveal Major Cast Addition
- Antonio Banderas Reveals Suffering From Heart Attack
- Harry Styles Teases First Solo Single and Books Release Date
- Liam Payne and Cheryl Welcome Baby Boy - See the Baby's Pic!
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other