Video: Benedict Cumberbatch Meets 'Sherlock' 'Arch-Nemesis' on 'Sesame Street'
Benedict Cumberbatch has stopped by "Sesame Street" to help the muppets deduce a math problem. In a new clip from the children's show, the "August: Osage County" star faces off "Sherlock" "arch-nemesis" and is confused with his famous TV role of the eccentric detective.
In the video titled "Benedict Cumberbatch and the Sign of Four (or is it Three?)", Murray Monster declares himself Murray-arity, a reference to "Sherlock" villain Moriarty. He asks the British actor to solve a "brain-bending challenge," which is to determine whether there are more apples or more oranges on the table.
"You're the super-sleuth. Figure it out!" Murray tells Cumberbatch, who insists, "I'm really just an actor." But Murray responds, "Well, act like a super-sleuth and figure it out!" With the help of the Count, Cumberbatch is finally able to give the right answer and is deemed "one smart man."
The third season of Cumberbatch's "Sherlock" just wrapped up its run in the U.S. last Sunday, February 2 on PBS. The actor was recently also seen in movies "12 Years a Slave" and "The Fifth Estate", and lent his voice to the dragon Smaug in "The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug".
- Kylie Jenner Wraps Her Body With Real Snake in Sneak Peek of Sexy 2017 Calendar
- Lady GaGa Shares Kindness With the Help of Taylor Kinney and Her Mom
- Shia LaBeouf Unleashes New Freestyle in Response to Soulja Boy's Threats
- Nicki Minaj Gets Heavily Criticized for Making Fun of Mentally Ill Woman
- 'The Mummy' Director on Whether Tom Cruise's Character Dies in the First Trailer
- 'Westworld' Showrunners Address Evil Dolores and Ford's Fate
- Justin Bieber Announces 2017 U.S. Stadium Tour Dates
- Blac Chyna Seems to Diss Kylie Jenner and Tyga on Snapchat. Is This Khloe's Response?