Video: Benedict Cumberbatch Meets 'Sherlock' 'Arch-Nemesis' on 'Sesame Street'
Benedict Cumberbatch has stopped by "Sesame Street" to help the muppets deduce a math problem. In a new clip from the children's show, the "August: Osage County" star faces off "Sherlock" "arch-nemesis" and is confused with his famous TV role of the eccentric detective.
In the video titled "Benedict Cumberbatch and the Sign of Four (or is it Three?)", Murray Monster declares himself Murray-arity, a reference to "Sherlock" villain Moriarty. He asks the British actor to solve a "brain-bending challenge," which is to determine whether there are more apples or more oranges on the table.
"You're the super-sleuth. Figure it out!" Murray tells Cumberbatch, who insists, "I'm really just an actor." But Murray responds, "Well, act like a super-sleuth and figure it out!" With the help of the Count, Cumberbatch is finally able to give the right answer and is deemed "one smart man."
The third season of Cumberbatch's "Sherlock" just wrapped up its run in the U.S. last Sunday, February 2 on PBS. The actor was recently also seen in movies "12 Years a Slave" and "The Fifth Estate", and lent his voice to the dragon Smaug in "The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug".
More Sesame Street News
- Check Out First Look at Anthony Hopkins' Odin on Set of 'Thor: Ragnarok'
- Amazon Adapting Martin Scorsese's 'The Departed' Into TV series
- Emma Stone Sings Sad Heartbreak Song in New 'La La Land' Teaser Trailer
- Sarah Paulson Joins Ryan Murphy's 'Feud' as Late Actress Geraldine Page
- Shannen Doherty Settles Health Insurance lawsuit With Ex-Manager Amid Cancer Battle
- Jessa Duggar and Ben Seewald Expecting Baby No. 2
- Back Off! Jay-Z Pushes Away Male Fan for Getting Too Close to Beyonce Knowles
- Jennifer Lawrence Tops Forbes' List of 2016 Highest-Paid Actresses