Philip Seymour Hoffman's Family Arranging Private Funeral
The family of Philip Seymour Hoffman, who was found dead in his apartment on Sunday, February 2 due to apparent drug overdose, is arranging a funeral service which date is not revealed. According to a statement released by his representative Karen Samfilippo on Tuesday, February 4, the funeral service will be attended by "the family and close friends."
"There will be a private funeral service held in N.Y. for the family and close friends of Philip Seymour Hoffman," the statement read. "Plans are also underway for a memorial service later in the month also to be held in N.Y. In lieu of flowers, the family requests donations be made in Phil's name to two charities that were very close to his heart: The DreamYard Project and the Christopher and Dana Reeve Foundation. The family wishes to thank everyone for their continued support and good wishes."
According to TMZ, Hoffman recently admitted to a friend that his problems with drugs was severe. "If I don't stop I know I'm gonna die," he reportedly said. The report also alleged that the "Capote" star started taking heroin in December and he was on a heroin binge 6 weeks before he died. Hoffman then was said going back to AA meetings after more than 20 years of sobriety.
Another source told Fox News that Hoffman went to an AA meeting at the 50 Perry St Workshop about a week before he died. According to the source, Hoffman went to the 8.30 P.M. meeting and he did not seem to be under influence of drugs or alcohol. "[Hoffman told the group] 'I'm doing OK. Little situation in life. Life still shows up," the source said.
Another person called Eddie Donohoe said that he used to see Hoffman at the meetings. "He was regular guy, he was polite and well dressed, very sociable with people. He would come in daytime or evening. Last time I saw couple months ago. People surrounded him. He had his own clique," Donohoe recalled.
"He would speak. Sometimes he would share. He might raise his hand and say something, what he was going through that day," Donohoe said of Hoffman. "Everybody [at the meeting] was sad about him dying."
- Are Jon Hamm and Jenny Slate Dating? Pal Says 'They're a Perfect Match'
- Emily Ratajkowski Parades Her Impressive Bum in Tiny Thong Bikini in Italy
- Going Too Far? Halsey Shades Britney Spears, Demi Lovato and Katy Perry
- Are Park Bo Gum and Jang Nara Getting Married?
- Will Ferrell's 'The House' Co-Star Speaks Up About Mariah Carey's Diva Behaviors on Set
- Here's Why Kenya Moore Kept Her Husband's Identity Secret
- Taylor Swift Makes Many Heartbreak Songs for New Album Despite Blooming Romance With Joe Alwyn
- Are They Hooking Up? Amber Rose Spotted Leaving a Club With 21 Savage