'House of Cards' Gets Early Season 3 Renewal
"House of Cards" season 2 is yet to premiere, but Netflix has commissioned a third season of the series. A representative for the company confirms the early renewal soon after star Robin Wright Penn spilled the beans.
On Tuesday, February 4, the Claire Underwood depicter told reporters when asked if she wanted to continue taking on the role which earned her a Golden Globe Award, "Sure, bring it on." She added, "We start shooting season 3 soon," but claimed that she had not seen scripts beyond season 2.
"House of Cards" season 2 will be released in its entirety on February 14 on Netflix. Kevin Spacey reprises his role as Frank Underwood who, in the second installment, has masterfully maneuvered his way into the Vice Presidency, but his ascension faces threats on all fronts.
Meanwhile, investigative reporter Zoe Barnes (Kate Mara) is inching closer to the truth about Frank and Peter Russo (Corey Stoll) and will stop at nothing to break the story. And Frank's wife Claire, the newly appointed Second Lady, must deal with the bright glare of the spotlight and how the intense scrutiny eats away at their once private existence.
More House of Cards News
- Rihanna Is Queen of the Universe in 'Sledgehammer' Music Video
- Lady GaGa Responds to Dalai Lama Controversy
- Idris Elba, Michael B. Jordan, John Boyega Join Academy After OscarsSoWhite Backlash
- Louis Tomlinson Files for Joint Custody of His Son With Briana Jungwirth
- Iggy Azalea Addresses Nick Young Baby Rumor, Reveals She Caught Him Cheating on Camera
- 'Ghostbusters' Cast Show Off the New Gadgets in Latest Featurette
- HBO Officially Confirms Jon Snow's True Parentage With This 'Game of Thrones' Infographic
- New 'Star Trek Beyond' Character Poster Shows Jaylah on Cap's Chair