'House of Cards' Gets Early Season 3 Renewal
"House of Cards" season 2 is yet to premiere, but Netflix has commissioned a third season of the series. A representative for the company confirms the early renewal soon after star Robin Wright Penn spilled the beans.
On Tuesday, February 4, the Claire Underwood depicter told reporters when asked if she wanted to continue taking on the role which earned her a Golden Globe Award, "Sure, bring it on." She added, "We start shooting season 3 soon," but claimed that she had not seen scripts beyond season 2.
"House of Cards" season 2 will be released in its entirety on February 14 on Netflix. Kevin Spacey reprises his role as Frank Underwood who, in the second installment, has masterfully maneuvered his way into the Vice Presidency, but his ascension faces threats on all fronts.
Meanwhile, investigative reporter Zoe Barnes (Kate Mara) is inching closer to the truth about Frank and Peter Russo (Corey Stoll) and will stop at nothing to break the story. And Frank's wife Claire, the newly appointed Second Lady, must deal with the bright glare of the spotlight and how the intense scrutiny eats away at their once private existence.
- Rihanna, Kendrick Lamar, Selena Gomez, Metallica to Perform at 2016 Global Citizen Concert
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support
- Secretly Married? See Miley Cyrus' New Band on Her Ring Finger