'House of Cards' Gets Early Season 3 Renewal
"House of Cards" season 2 is yet to premiere, but Netflix has commissioned a third season of the series. A representative for the company confirms the early renewal soon after star Robin Wright Penn spilled the beans.
On Tuesday, February 4, the Claire Underwood depicter told reporters when asked if she wanted to continue taking on the role which earned her a Golden Globe Award, "Sure, bring it on." She added, "We start shooting season 3 soon," but claimed that she had not seen scripts beyond season 2.
"House of Cards" season 2 will be released in its entirety on February 14 on Netflix. Kevin Spacey reprises his role as Frank Underwood who, in the second installment, has masterfully maneuvered his way into the Vice Presidency, but his ascension faces threats on all fronts.
Meanwhile, investigative reporter Zoe Barnes (Kate Mara) is inching closer to the truth about Frank and Peter Russo (Corey Stoll) and will stop at nothing to break the story. And Frank's wife Claire, the newly appointed Second Lady, must deal with the bright glare of the spotlight and how the intense scrutiny eats away at their once private existence.
- 'Game of Thrones' Set Pics: Look Who's Also Back for Season 7!
- Are They Really Dating? Drake Already Introduces Taylor Swift to His Mom
- Ouch, It Looks Painful! Hugh Jackman Suffers Gunshot Wounds in New 'Logan' Image
- Jasmine Tookes to Rock Victoria's Secret New Fantasy Bra. See and Get Details of the $3M Lingerie!
- J.J. Abrams' 'God Particle' Is Reportedly the Next 'Cloverfield' Movie
- Is This What Tom Hiddleston Thinks of Taylor Swift Getting Close With Drake?
- 'Sherlock' Season 4 Gets Premiere Date. Mark Your Calendar!
- Gavin Rossdale Signs Publishing Deal With Roc Nation