Lily Allen Explains Return to Music: I Got Bored of Staying at Home With My Kids
Late last year, Lily Allen excited her fans when she decided to end her hiatus from music. The singer released "Hard Out Here" which is her first new single since taking a break in 2009 to spend time with her kids, 2-year-old Ethel and 14-month-old Marnie.
In a new interview with NRJ, the British beauty admitted that being a stay-at-home mom didn't make her happy. Sam Cooper's wife said that she returned to music because she got bored of staying at home and playing with her children.
"Why did I choose to come back? I ran out of money! No, I'm joking! I thought I'd be a really happy mum just sitting at home, playing with my kids, that was my dream," Allen said.
"I love my children, but I'm a very impatient, busy person naturally so two babies, neither of them can talk, it was quite boring! Staying at home all day talking to people that can't talk back. I didn't realize how much of a creative person I am and that I need somewhere to put my creativity," she explained.
The 28-year-old singer also said that motherhood affected her music. "When I write music now I'm conscious that I have two children and they're going to hear it. I can't be too sexy or gross or rude because that would be embarrassing for them," she added. "It's a different kind of me, but there are still the same elements."
Allen premiered her second single "Air Baloon" in January. She's currently readying a music video for the track, which will be featured in the singer's upcoming album.
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked