Cate Blanchett Visits Philip Seymour Hoffman's Partner and Children
Cate Blanchett was recently seen making a visit to Philip Seymour Hoffman's partner Mimi O'Donnell and their three children at her apartment in New York City's West Village. The "Blue Jasmine" actress, who attended the Santa Barbara Film Festival on Saturday, February 1, was photographed carrying a new telescope and a shopping bag from a toy store during the Monday visit. At that time, she wore an all-black outfit.
Blanchett, who took part in 1999's "The Talented Mr. Ripley" with Hoffman, was not the only one who paid respects that day. Justin Theroux was also spotted visiting the house. A priest named James Martin, who helped Hoffman prepare for his role in "Doubt", additionally visited the family.
Rev. James Martin, S.J. also remembered the actor in a Facebook post. "I learned a lot about humility from him. Phil treated all the actors - well-known and not-as-well known - with the same respect and dignity. And in conversation, he would say, 'I'm making a film,' not, 'I'm starring in 'Capote',' which he was at the time," he wrote. In addition to "Doubt", Hoffman and the priest worked together in a play entitled "The Last Days of Judas Iscariot", which he directed.
Hoffman was found dead in his apartment by his assistant Isabella Wing-Davey and playwright friend David Katz on Sunday, February 2. According to WSJ, O'Donnell told the authorities that Hoffman apparently was under influence of drugs when she met him on Saturday at 2 P.M. He reportedly sounded high when spoke to her on the phone later at 8 P.M.
- Ciara Hits Recording Studio
- Jason Momoa's 'Aquaman' Gets New Release Date
- Report: David and Victoria Beckham Are Separating
- Justin Bieber Exposes His Upper Thighs During Outing
- Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis Name Newborn Baby Boy Dimitri
- John Cena and Casey Affleck Tapped to Host 'SNL'
- Anna Faris Admits She Felt 'Insecure' and 'So Hurt' Over Chris Pratt Cheating Rumors
- Amy Schumer to Play Lead Role in 'Barbie' Live-Action Movie