Maino Premieres New Track 'Tupac Problems'
Just a day before releasing his EP "King of Brooklyn", Maino debuted a new track called "Tupac Problems". Arriving via Billboard, the track features the rapper talking about the fame and fortune, as well as his family over a haunting melody.
"If I die tonight, I'm ridin' right/ In a black Benz screaming Thug Life/ Still sinnin', no religion / I ain't show off I trust Christ/ Seems like my life's outta order/ Seen death right around the corner/ Dead homies talkin' to me/ Don't let them haters get up on ya," he raps
"It's an honest record," Maino said of the song. "It's me Maino talking about my life and I chose to use Tupac as a metaphor to express it all."
"Tupac Problems" is appearing in Maino's EP that's scheduled to be released on Tuesday, February 4. The record will feature guest appearances from T.I., French Montana, Meek Mill, Troy Ave, Jadakiss, Raekwon, Uncle Murda and more.
Maino recently held a listening session, during which he talked about calling himself the king of Brooklyn. "If a rapper who's never really a part of the street or never really out there like that, then he really not eligible to have anything say," he explained.
"Because the people that's out there every day, struggling and is hustling and is on their grind and all that, they don't got a problem with Main saying he's' the king of Brooklyn... You know why? Because I'm them. I speak for them," he added.
- Ron Howard Officially Announced to Direct Han Solo Movie
- 'Bachelor' Alum Leah Block Apologizes for Racist 'Bachelorette' Tweet
- 'Wet Hot American Summer: Ten Years Later' Gets Star-Studded First Trailer
- 'Jurassic World' Sequel Reveals Official Title and First Poster
- Harry Styles Mourning the Loss of His Stepfather
- 'KUWTK' Returns for Another Season as 'Life of Kylie' Ends Up Being a Flop
- 'Downtown Abbey' Movie Is in the Works
- Rob Kardashian Is Lawyering Up Against Blac Chyna