Jimmy Fallon Helps Jay Leno 'Pack' on 'Tonight Show'
On Monday, February 3, Jimmy Fallon paid a visit to "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno" as a guest one last time before he takes over the show as a host. "Jimmy Fallon is here tonight. He's not here to talk - he's helping me pack," Jay Leno introduced his successor.
After some small talk and teasing Fallon about his Men's Health cover, Leno asked the "Saturday Night Live" alum, "Are you going to take some of your bits from 'Late Night' to the 'Tonight Show'?" Fallon replied, "Yes! Whatever works," adding that "Thank You Notes" would be one of them.
"I actually wrote a few for tonight," Fallon continued, asking permission from Leno to write some "Thank You" notes for the 63-year-old comedian. "Thank you, Jay Leno for passing the torch to me. Hopefully it doesn't get intercepted by a Seahawk," he said while writing on a card with the band playing a melancholy tune.
"Thank you, Jay, for teaching me how to be a late night host - but was it really necessary for me to 'wax on, wax off' your entire car collection? I didn't know I was going to get Miyagi-ed when I came out here," he continued. "Thank you, Jay, for giving me such great advice for the Tonight Show like 'you don't need a monologue' and 'have you ever thought about getting bangs?' "
In a more serious note, he said, "And finally, thank you Jay Leno, for carrying on the proud tradition of the Tonight show host with such humor and class and for being nothing but gracious and generous to me over the past years. I will do my best to make you proud every single night."
Betty White was another guest on the episode.
Other celebrities tapped to stop by the "Tonight Show" for Leno's final week include Matthew McConaughey, Sandra Bullock, Blake Shelton and Billy Crystal.
Fallon will make his debut as the "Tonight Show" host on Monday, February 17.
- 'The Purge' Heading to TV as 'Interwoven Anthology'
- Cashmere Cat Releases New Single 'Trust Nobody' Ft. Selena Gomez
- Rob Kardashian Regrets Tweeting Kylie Jenner's Number: 'It Was Miscommunication'
- Kristen Stewart Spooked by Ghost in 'Personal Shopper' Trailer
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Reach Temporary Custody Deal That Includes Family Counseling
- Fifth Harmony's Ally Brooke Falls After Ambushed by Fan on Stage
- Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds Welcome Their Second Child
- Producer Says Daniel Craig Is Still the 'First Choice' for Next James Bond Movie