Trace Adkins' Father Passes Away
Trace Adkins' father Aaron Adkins passed away days after Trace left his rehab stint to be with him. According to TMZ, the father of the "You're Gonna Miss This" singer passed away in Louisiana. "Thank you for all of your love, prayers and support. Sometimes we don't know where our journey will take us but I know he has a plan," Trace's wife Rondha wrote on Monday, February 3.
Trace checked himself into a rehab facility in Florida in January following an altercation with his impersonator in a cruise ship. "Trace has entered a treatment facility after a setback in his battle with alcoholism. As he faces these issues head-on, we ask that his family's privacy will be respected," a representative for the country musician said in a statement.
Sources said that Trace wanted to take care of the family affairs first before he decided whether he would continue the inpatient program or took the outpatient therapy. He previously was said asking his therapists in Florida to put him in contact with counselors near his father's home so that he could continue his treatment.
Trace told GACTV in 2006 that his father contributed to his interest in country music. "Well, growing up, I listened to everything that my daddy owned in his collection of country music - Waylon Jennings, Merle Haggard, George Jones, Johnny Cash, Jerry Reed, Buck Owens - those legendary guys that were hot back then. He had all that stuff, and that's most of what I listened to," he said.
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked