Trace Adkins' Father Passes Away
Trace Adkins' father Aaron Adkins passed away days after Trace left his rehab stint to be with him. According to TMZ, the father of the "You're Gonna Miss This" singer passed away in Louisiana. "Thank you for all of your love, prayers and support. Sometimes we don't know where our journey will take us but I know he has a plan," Trace's wife Rondha wrote on Monday, February 3.
Trace checked himself into a rehab facility in Florida in January following an altercation with his impersonator in a cruise ship. "Trace has entered a treatment facility after a setback in his battle with alcoholism. As he faces these issues head-on, we ask that his family's privacy will be respected," a representative for the country musician said in a statement.
Sources said that Trace wanted to take care of the family affairs first before he decided whether he would continue the inpatient program or took the outpatient therapy. He previously was said asking his therapists in Florida to put him in contact with counselors near his father's home so that he could continue his treatment.
Trace told GACTV in 2006 that his father contributed to his interest in country music. "Well, growing up, I listened to everything that my daddy owned in his collection of country music - Waylon Jennings, Merle Haggard, George Jones, Johnny Cash, Jerry Reed, Buck Owens - those legendary guys that were hot back then. He had all that stuff, and that's most of what I listened to," he said.
- Find Out How Jaden Smith Tricked His Dad Will Smith Into Letting Him Drink on His Birthday
- Jean-Claude Van Damme Walks Out of TV Interview After Reporter Asks This Question
- Matt Damon Will Take a Break From Acting Next Year
- Kanye West Launches Twitter Rants About Apple and Tidal Beef
- Tyler Posey Clarifies 'I Am Gay' Snapchat Video, Apologizes for Fake Coming Out
- Nick Jonas Offered $2 Million to Perform at RNC
- Director Paul Feig Slams Sony for Deleting 'Ghostbusters' Pro-Hillary Tweet
- 'Game of Thrones' Set to End With Season 8, Spin-Off Plan Confirmed