Trace Adkins' Father Passes Away
Trace Adkins' father Aaron Adkins passed away days after Trace left his rehab stint to be with him. According to TMZ, the father of the "You're Gonna Miss This" singer passed away in Louisiana. "Thank you for all of your love, prayers and support. Sometimes we don't know where our journey will take us but I know he has a plan," Trace's wife Rondha wrote on Monday, February 3.
Trace checked himself into a rehab facility in Florida in January following an altercation with his impersonator in a cruise ship. "Trace has entered a treatment facility after a setback in his battle with alcoholism. As he faces these issues head-on, we ask that his family's privacy will be respected," a representative for the country musician said in a statement.
Sources said that Trace wanted to take care of the family affairs first before he decided whether he would continue the inpatient program or took the outpatient therapy. He previously was said asking his therapists in Florida to put him in contact with counselors near his father's home so that he could continue his treatment.
Trace told GACTV in 2006 that his father contributed to his interest in country music. "Well, growing up, I listened to everything that my daddy owned in his collection of country music - Waylon Jennings, Merle Haggard, George Jones, Johnny Cash, Jerry Reed, Buck Owens - those legendary guys that were hot back then. He had all that stuff, and that's most of what I listened to," he said.
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences