Jennifer Love Hewitt Turned Down 'How I Met Your Mother' Role
One of fans' favorite characters on "How I Met Your Mother" could have ended up being played by a different actress. In a Reddit "Ask Me Anything" event Monday, February 3, series co-creator Craig Thomas revealed the "pretty famous actress" who turned down the role of Robin Scherbatsky.
"Jennifer Love Hewitt did 'The Ghost Whisperer' instead of HIMYM!" Thomas responded to a fan's question. He and co-creator Carter Bays had said in various interviews that Cobie Smulders, who was an unknown at the time, was cast in the role of Robin after their first choice turned down the offer, but had never named the said actress.
Speaking of what to expect from the show in the remaining final season, Bays teased that fans "might find out what happened with The Pineapple eventually." He added, "It's always been an appealing idea to us artistically to leave it as the one mystery that never gets solved. But on the other hand, we do have an explanation for it that we like so it may make its way into these last few episodes."
Of whether Robin Sparkles would return before the show ends, Thomas coyly said, "Stay tuned...people do tend to sing at weddings." He, however, hinted that the series finale would be a tearjerker. Bays added, "You might cry a few times in the next two months."
Bays also addressed speculation that The Mother is actually dead. "We like all theories. It's really cool knowing people are invested enough to have theories about the show," he said, but refused to confirm or deny it, "Obviously we're not going to comment on it, but we very much appreciate and are grateful for the fact that our show is meriting so much discussion."
"HIMYM" series finale is set to air Monday, March 31 on CBS with a special one-hour final episode.
- JoJo Was Forced to Inject Herself to Lose Weight Fast
- Calvin Harris Is Avoiding Kanye West Collab Amid Taylor Swift Feud
- 'Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life' Gets First Teaser and Premiere Date
- Jennifer Garner and Ben Affleck '100 Percent Still Separated' Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Miranda Lambert's Rep Shoots Down Pregnancy Rumors
- Watch Star-Studded Performance of 'What the World Needs Now Is Love' at DNC
- 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Brings Out the Poetic World
- Keshia Knight Pulliam Accuses Her Husband of Cheating While Tearfully Talking About Divorce