Jennifer Love Hewitt Turned Down 'How I Met Your Mother' Role
One of fans' favorite characters on "How I Met Your Mother" could have ended up being played by a different actress. In a Reddit "Ask Me Anything" event Monday, February 3, series co-creator Craig Thomas revealed the "pretty famous actress" who turned down the role of Robin Scherbatsky.
"Jennifer Love Hewitt did 'The Ghost Whisperer' instead of HIMYM!" Thomas responded to a fan's question. He and co-creator Carter Bays had said in various interviews that Cobie Smulders, who was an unknown at the time, was cast in the role of Robin after their first choice turned down the offer, but had never named the said actress.
Speaking of what to expect from the show in the remaining final season, Bays teased that fans "might find out what happened with The Pineapple eventually." He added, "It's always been an appealing idea to us artistically to leave it as the one mystery that never gets solved. But on the other hand, we do have an explanation for it that we like so it may make its way into these last few episodes."
Of whether Robin Sparkles would return before the show ends, Thomas coyly said, "Stay tuned...people do tend to sing at weddings." He, however, hinted that the series finale would be a tearjerker. Bays added, "You might cry a few times in the next two months."
Bays also addressed speculation that The Mother is actually dead. "We like all theories. It's really cool knowing people are invested enough to have theories about the show," he said, but refused to confirm or deny it, "Obviously we're not going to comment on it, but we very much appreciate and are grateful for the fact that our show is meriting so much discussion."
"HIMYM" series finale is set to air Monday, March 31 on CBS with a special one-hour final episode.
- Seth Rogen's R-Rated Animated Comedy 'Sausage Party' to Join Oscar Race
- Rihanna Regrets Skipping Drake's Party and Letting Taylor Swift Steal the Spotlight
- Olivia Wilde Shares Breastfeeding Photo, Finds New Drinking Buddy in Newborn Daughter
- Twitter Rips Drake for Mocking Kid Cudi's Mental Illness in New Diss Track
- Awkward! Taylor Swift, Katy Perry and Ex John Mayer Attend Drake's Birthday Party
- Is Kendall Jenner Dating Anwar Hadid?
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery