Pearl Jam Brings Out Arcade Fire's Win Butler to Cover Neil Young's Song at Australian Show
Pearl Jam brought out Arcade Fire's vocalist Win Butler for the final song at Big Day Out Festival in Perth, Australia. The rockers joined forces to perform a cover of Neil Young's 1989 track entitled "Rockin' in the Free World".
In a video taken by a fan, Butler and Eddie Vedder are featured trading off verses and singing some lines together. Bassist Jeff Ament is spotted on the stage performing while donning a "Reflektor" T-shirt, referring to Arcade Fire's latest album.
It wasn't Pearl Jam's first time to invite guests to cover "Rockin' in the Free World" together. The Seattle band shared the stage with the members of Sleater-Kinney, R.E.M.'s guitarist Peter Buck and others during their tour last year.
Pearl Jam and Arcade Fire were both headliners at the festival, which came to other Australian cities before wrapping it up in Perth over the weekend. The members of the two groups have reportedly become close after spending time together in the country. Last month, they even teamed up for a basketball game which resulted in a fan's broken nose.
More Pearl Jam News
- Sharon Osbourne Defends Kelly for Trashing Ozzy's Alleged Mistress, Can't Help Laughing at It
- Carrie Underwood and Brad Paisley Returning to Host 2016 CMA Awards
- Simon Pegg and Mike Myers Join Margot Robbie in Thriller 'Terminal'
- 'The Flash' Season 2 Finale: The Man in the Iron Mask Reveal Brings in Another Speedster
- Kendall Jenner Says She's Psychic. Get Details of Her Sixth Sense
- Lil Wayne and Birdman Are Still Feuding After Settlement Talks 'Broke Off'
- Khloe Kardashian Fears Blac Chyna Will Use Her Baby With Rob for Fame and Fortune
- Fifth Harmony Heats Up the 'DWTS' Stage With Sexy 'All in My Head' Performance