Pearl Jam Brings Out Arcade Fire's Win Butler to Cover Neil Young's Song at Australian Show
Pearl Jam brought out Arcade Fire's vocalist Win Butler for the final song at Big Day Out Festival in Perth, Australia. The rockers joined forces to perform a cover of Neil Young's 1989 track entitled "Rockin' in the Free World".
In a video taken by a fan, Butler and Eddie Vedder are featured trading off verses and singing some lines together. Bassist Jeff Ament is spotted on the stage performing while donning a "Reflektor" T-shirt, referring to Arcade Fire's latest album.
It wasn't Pearl Jam's first time to invite guests to cover "Rockin' in the Free World" together. The Seattle band shared the stage with the members of Sleater-Kinney, R.E.M.'s guitarist Peter Buck and others during their tour last year.
Pearl Jam and Arcade Fire were both headliners at the festival, which came to other Australian cities before wrapping it up in Perth over the weekend. The members of the two groups have reportedly become close after spending time together in the country. Last month, they even teamed up for a basketball game which resulted in a fan's broken nose.
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby