Pearl Jam Brings Out Arcade Fire's Win Butler to Cover Neil Young's Song at Australian Show
Pearl Jam brought out Arcade Fire's vocalist Win Butler for the final song at Big Day Out Festival in Perth, Australia. The rockers joined forces to perform a cover of Neil Young's 1989 track entitled "Rockin' in the Free World".
In a video taken by a fan, Butler and Eddie Vedder are featured trading off verses and singing some lines together. Bassist Jeff Ament is spotted on the stage performing while donning a "Reflektor" T-shirt, referring to Arcade Fire's latest album.
It wasn't Pearl Jam's first time to invite guests to cover "Rockin' in the Free World" together. The Seattle band shared the stage with the members of Sleater-Kinney, R.E.M.'s guitarist Peter Buck and others during their tour last year.
Pearl Jam and Arcade Fire were both headliners at the festival, which came to other Australian cities before wrapping it up in Perth over the weekend. The members of the two groups have reportedly become close after spending time together in the country. Last month, they even teamed up for a basketball game which resulted in a fan's broken nose.
- Kristen Stewart Racing Through L.A. in Rolling Stones' 'Ride 'Em on Down' Video
- Anderson Cooper Was Once Set Up With Andy Cohen, but Turned It Down
- Justin Bieber Spotted Reuniting, Holding Hands With Hailey Baldwin in Los Angeles
- Kid Cudi Teams Up With Travis Scott for 'Baptized in Fire', Reveals the Release Date of New Album
- Michael Fassbender Engages in Epic Carriage Chase in Extended 'Assassin's Creed' Clip
- J. Cole to Release New Album '4 Your Eyez Only'
- Andrew Garfield Wouldn't Mind Being Stranded on Desert Island With Emma Stone
- Kylie Jenner Flaunts Famous Derriere in Racy Fishnet Tights