Pearl Jam Brings Out Arcade Fire's Win Butler to Cover Neil Young's Song at Australian Show
Pearl Jam brought out Arcade Fire's vocalist Win Butler for the final song at Big Day Out Festival in Perth, Australia. The rockers joined forces to perform a cover of Neil Young's 1989 track entitled "Rockin' in the Free World".
In a video taken by a fan, Butler and Eddie Vedder are featured trading off verses and singing some lines together. Bassist Jeff Ament is spotted on the stage performing while donning a "Reflektor" T-shirt, referring to Arcade Fire's latest album.
It wasn't Pearl Jam's first time to invite guests to cover "Rockin' in the Free World" together. The Seattle band shared the stage with the members of Sleater-Kinney, R.E.M.'s guitarist Peter Buck and others during their tour last year.
Pearl Jam and Arcade Fire were both headliners at the festival, which came to other Australian cities before wrapping it up in Perth over the weekend. The members of the two groups have reportedly become close after spending time together in the country. Last month, they even teamed up for a basketball game which resulted in a fan's broken nose.
- 'The Bachelorette' Season 13 Premiere: The Crazy One, the Creepy One and the First Kiss
- Is Brandy Pregnant With New BF Sir the Baptist's Child?
- Rihanna and Lupita Nyong'o to Star in a Movie Based on a Twitter Sensation
- Kourtney Kardashian and Kendall Jenner Flaunt Booties in Skimpy Swimsuits During Vacation in Cannes
- Lana Del Rey Debuts 'Cherry', Dishes on Collaboration With Stevie Nicks
- Lady GaGa Posts Topless Pic to Wish Naomi Campbell Happy Birthday
- 'The Voice' Live Finale Part 1: Four Finalists Sing for the Win
- Taylor Swift's Alleged BF Joe Alwyn Relocating to the States to Be Closer to Her