Time Warner Cable Offers 'Gift' to Costumers After Super Bowl Blackout
Time Warner Cable tries to control customers' disappointment following the blackout during Sunday's Super Bowl by offering a "gift of appreciation." The company announced on Monday, February 3 that subscribers across Southern California, who were affected by the technical glitch, would receive a $5 gift card.
"Digital TV customers will receive a credit for the cost of an On Demand movie once purchased, and analog customers will receive a $5 gift card. These will be provided automatically; no customer action is necessary," the company said in a statement.
Time Warner Cable senior vp operations Deborah Picciolo has also apologized for the inconvenience. She stated, "Although most of our customers didn't experience an interruption, we want to express our sincere apologies to all Time Warner Cable TV customers in the Los Angeles area."
"We didn't live up to our standards for a quality customer experience," Picciolo admitted. "We know there's no way to undo the inconvenience of last night's outage, and we want them to know how truly sorry we are for this issue."
The blackout started at around 4:45 P.M. PT/7:45 P.M. ET on February 2 during a commercial break in the second quarter of the game which pitted the Seattle Seahawks against the Denver Broncos. The issue lasted for more than an hour and the program was only back on customers' televisions at approximately 5:56 P.M. PT/8:56 P.M. ET, during the third quarter.
"We have resolved a technical issue with the SD signal and apologize for the inconvenience to our customers," the company said on Sunday after the outage. Time Warner Cable's high-definition channels were not affected by the technical issue.
- Shia LaBeouf Flashes His Penis While Peeing at the Beach
- Mila Kunis and Kristen Bell Boozing and Whining in 'Bad Moms Christmas' Red Band Teaser Trailer
- Alec Baldwin Accidentally Reveals He and Wife Hilaria Are Renewing Their Wedding Vows
- Here's John Mayer's Cool Response to Katy Perry Ranking Him No. 1 in Bed
- Taylor Swift Is Working on Collaboration With Drake
- Emilia Clarke Says Being a Woman in Hollywood Is 'Like Dealing With Racism'
- Is Rihanna's New Man Hassan Jameel the Reason Behind Her Alleged Feud With Naomi Campbell?
- MTV Responds to Criticism Over 'Teen Mom OG' Star Ryan Edwards' DUI Scene