Colin Farrell and Rachel Weisz to Lead Sci-Fi Romance 'The Lobster'
Colin Farrell and Rachel Weisz have nabbed lead roles in dystopian love story "The Lobster". They are joined in the cast ensemble by the likes of Ben Whishaw, Lea Seydoux, and Olivia Colman. The actors are expected to begin shooting the film in Ireland next month.
It will mark English-language directorial project by Oscar-nominated Greek director Yorgos Lanthimos. Described as an unconventional love story, it is set in a dystopian future where finding a partner is a matter of life or death. Lanthimos co-writes the script with his longtime collaborator, Efthymis Filippou.
Farrell was last seen in "Saving Mr. Banks" with Emma Thompson and Tom Hanks. He will next appear in Akiva Goldsman's directorial debut "Winter's Tale". Weisz, meanwhile, last starred in "Oz: The Great and Powerful" with James Franco and Mila Kunis.
- P. Diddy Squashes Breakup Rumors With a Super Sweet Birthday Message for Cassie
- Does 'American Horror Story' Reveal the Murder Weapon in This New Season 6 Teaser?
- Taylor Swift Sports Bigger Breasts in Tight Crop-Top. Did She Really Get a Boob Job?
- Get Your First Glimpse of Tom Hardy in Christopher Nolan's WWII Film 'Dunkirk'
- Miley Cyrus Sports New Gold Band on Ring Finger. Is She Secretly Married to Liam Hemsworth?
- Jennifer Lopez Posts Cryptic Message After Breakup as Casper Smart Is Reportedly Still in Denial
- Is Britney Spears' 'Glory' Track 'Liar' About Ex Justin Timberlake?
- Donald Glover Addresses Lando Casting Rumor in Han Solo Movie