Colin Farrell and Rachel Weisz to Lead Sci-Fi Romance 'The Lobster'
Colin Farrell and Rachel Weisz have nabbed lead roles in dystopian love story "The Lobster". They are joined in the cast ensemble by the likes of Ben Whishaw, Lea Seydoux, and Olivia Colman. The actors are expected to begin shooting the film in Ireland next month.
It will mark English-language directorial project by Oscar-nominated Greek director Yorgos Lanthimos. Described as an unconventional love story, it is set in a dystopian future where finding a partner is a matter of life or death. Lanthimos co-writes the script with his longtime collaborator, Efthymis Filippou.
Farrell was last seen in "Saving Mr. Banks" with Emma Thompson and Tom Hanks. He will next appear in Akiva Goldsman's directorial debut "Winter's Tale". Weisz, meanwhile, last starred in "Oz: The Great and Powerful" with James Franco and Mila Kunis.
- Twitter Users Are Begging Marvel to Give Captain America a Boyfriend
- Amy Schumer Blasts Body Shaming 'Trolls': 'I Think I Look Strong and Healthy'
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary