Colin Farrell and Rachel Weisz to Lead Sci-Fi Romance 'The Lobster'
Colin Farrell and Rachel Weisz have nabbed lead roles in dystopian love story "The Lobster". They are joined in the cast ensemble by the likes of Ben Whishaw, Lea Seydoux, and Olivia Colman. The actors are expected to begin shooting the film in Ireland next month.
It will mark English-language directorial project by Oscar-nominated Greek director Yorgos Lanthimos. Described as an unconventional love story, it is set in a dystopian future where finding a partner is a matter of life or death. Lanthimos co-writes the script with his longtime collaborator, Efthymis Filippou.
Farrell was last seen in "Saving Mr. Banks" with Emma Thompson and Tom Hanks. He will next appear in Akiva Goldsman's directorial debut "Winter's Tale". Weisz, meanwhile, last starred in "Oz: The Great and Powerful" with James Franco and Mila Kunis.
- Donnie Wahlberg, and Not Kim K., Sets Guiness World Record for Most Selfies in 3 Minutes
- Benedict Cumberbatch Channels Doctor Strange to Diagnose the Avengers in New Promo Clip
- Taylor Swift's Alleged Groping Photo Leaks Despite Sealed by Judge
- Nicole Richie Doesn't Regret Her Wild Past: I Was Just 'Being Me'
- Lady GaGa Makes a Japanese Bride Extra Happy With This Sweet Gesture. Watch It!
- 'Rogue One': Gareth Edwards Teases Ben Mendelsohn's 'Working Class' Character
- Laverne Cox Is a 'Bad B***h,' Slays Nicki Minaj's 'Roman's Revenge' in 'Lip Sync Battle' Clip
- Jack O'Connell to Star as Alexander McQueen in Biopic