Colin Farrell and Rachel Weisz to Lead Sci-Fi Romance 'The Lobster'
Colin Farrell and Rachel Weisz have nabbed lead roles in dystopian love story "The Lobster". They are joined in the cast ensemble by the likes of Ben Whishaw, Lea Seydoux, and Olivia Colman. The actors are expected to begin shooting the film in Ireland next month.
It will mark English-language directorial project by Oscar-nominated Greek director Yorgos Lanthimos. Described as an unconventional love story, it is set in a dystopian future where finding a partner is a matter of life or death. Lanthimos co-writes the script with his longtime collaborator, Efthymis Filippou.
Farrell was last seen in "Saving Mr. Banks" with Emma Thompson and Tom Hanks. He will next appear in Akiva Goldsman's directorial debut "Winter's Tale". Weisz, meanwhile, last starred in "Oz: The Great and Powerful" with James Franco and Mila Kunis.
- Netflix Is Back After Crash Following 'Luke Cage' Premiere
- Gigi Hadid Trips on Runway at Paris Fashion Week
- Mail Order Bride Comedy Canned by NBC After Getting Backlash
- Robin Williams' Widow Calls the Actor's Disease 'the Terrorist Inside My Husband's Brain'
- First Official Look at Emma Watson and Dan Stevens in 'Beauty and the Beast'
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Keegan Allen Tweets His Phone Number
- Armie Hammer Accidentally Reveals Sex of His Unborn Baby
- Kelly Osbourne Settles Lawsuit With Dad Ozzy's Mistress