Bruno Mars' Album Sales Jump 164 Percent Following Super Bowl Halftime Show
The sales of Bruno Mars' latest album "Unorthodox Jukebox" have gained significant increase following his performance at Super Bowl XLVIII on Sunday, February 2. According to Billboard, the album sold around 40,000 copies by February 2.
That is a 164% gain compared to the previous week, when it sold 15,000 copies. Mars' "Unorthodox Jukebox" is now on course to return to the top 10 of Billboard 200. The album's sales also increased thanks to the singer's recent win at the Grammys. During the Sunday, January 26 event, he took home a trophy for Best Pop Vocal Album.
Mars' Super Bowl show also topped Shazam searches. His performance of "Give It Away" with Red Hot Chili Peppers nabbed the most Shazams while his solo appearance to sing "Just the Way You Are" came in the second place.
The Hawaiian singer's halftime performance during the big game at New Jersey's MetLife Stadium has garnered rave reviews from fans. In addition to taking the stage with Anthony Kiedis and Co., he excited fans with the live performance of his own hits like "Locked Out of Heaven" and "Treasure".
However, it has been revealed that Mars won't get paid for his impressive show. In fact, previous halftime performers like Beyonce Knowles, Madonna and Michael Jackson never received money for performing in front of millions of Super Bowl fans.
The NFL says that instead of paying artists in cash, they give them exposure on the largest concert stage and televised performance ever. "We're putting someone up there for 12 and a half minutes in front of the largest audience that any television program garners in the United States," NFL Director of Programming, Lawrence Randall, told TIME Magazine last year.
- Tarek El Moussa Addresses Rumors He Called Estranged Wife Christina a 'Whore'
- George Clooney Writes Touching Tribute to Cousin and 'NCIS: LA' Star Miguel Ferrer Who Dies at 61
- Little Mix Releases Sexy and Colorful Music Video for 'Touch'
- ABC Is Considering 'Black-ish' Spin-Off Starring Yara Shahidi
- Anne Hathaway to Join Rebel Wilson in 'Nasty Women'
- Everyone Loves Chrissy Teigen for Showing Off Her Stretch Marks in New Photo
- Mandy Moore Is Eager to Have Kids 'Sooner Than Later.' Ready to Start a Family?
- Ed Sheeran Wants to Collaborate With Beyonce, Plans Tour in March