Bruno Mars' Album Sales Jump 164 Percent Following Super Bowl Halftime Show
The sales of Bruno Mars' latest album "Unorthodox Jukebox" have gained significant increase following his performance at Super Bowl XLVIII on Sunday, February 2. According to Billboard, the album sold around 40,000 copies by February 2.
That is a 164% gain compared to the previous week, when it sold 15,000 copies. Mars' "Unorthodox Jukebox" is now on course to return to the top 10 of Billboard 200. The album's sales also increased thanks to the singer's recent win at the Grammys. During the Sunday, January 26 event, he took home a trophy for Best Pop Vocal Album.
Mars' Super Bowl show also topped Shazam searches. His performance of "Give It Away" with Red Hot Chili Peppers nabbed the most Shazams while his solo appearance to sing "Just the Way You Are" came in the second place.
The Hawaiian singer's halftime performance during the big game at New Jersey's MetLife Stadium has garnered rave reviews from fans. In addition to taking the stage with Anthony Kiedis and Co., he excited fans with the live performance of his own hits like "Locked Out of Heaven" and "Treasure".
However, it has been revealed that Mars won't get paid for his impressive show. In fact, previous halftime performers like Beyonce Knowles, Madonna and Michael Jackson never received money for performing in front of millions of Super Bowl fans.
The NFL says that instead of paying artists in cash, they give them exposure on the largest concert stage and televised performance ever. "We're putting someone up there for 12 and a half minutes in front of the largest audience that any television program garners in the United States," NFL Director of Programming, Lawrence Randall, told TIME Magazine last year.
- Despite Chipped Tooth and Skin Rash, Kim Kardashian Has Lots of Fun at Las Vegas Party
- Comic-Con: Brie Larson Officially Named Captain Marvel
- Comic-Con: 'The Vampire Diaries' Announced to End With Season 8. How Fans React?
- After Breaking Down on Stage, Selena Gomez Posts Cryptic Message on Instagram
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers