B.J. Novak Confirmed to Play Alistair Smythe in 'Amazing Spider-Man 2'
B.J. Novak's role in "The Amazing Spider-Man 2" is revealed. Director Marc Webb takes to Twitter to confirm long-running rumor that the actor will play a villainous role. "Almost shot ASM2 in B+W til @bjnovak's (A. Smythe) promo for his excellent book ONE MORE THING beat me to it," he wrote.
In the comics, Alistair Smythe is a character who would later turn into the Ultimate Spider-Slayer. The first generation of spider-slayers was created by his father, Spencer Smythe. Alistair is seeking revenge for his father's death.
"I'm in a couple of scenes," Novak once said to The Huffington Post. "I can say that I work at Oscorp. And I am someone from the comic books, someone from the original. So, yeah, I'm somebody. I wouldn't say I'm pivotal, but I'm not an extra, either."
The sequel is due in the United States on May 2. Andrew Garfield is back as Peter Parker, and Emma Stone reprises her role as Gwen Stacy. Jamie Foxx stars as Electro, Dane DeHaan as Harry Osborn, Chris Cooper as Norman Osborn, and Paul Giamatti as The Rhino.
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie