B.J. Novak Confirmed to Play Alistair Smythe in 'Amazing Spider-Man 2'
B.J. Novak's role in "The Amazing Spider-Man 2" is revealed. Director Marc Webb takes to Twitter to confirm long-running rumor that the actor will play a villainous role. "Almost shot ASM2 in B+W til @bjnovak's (A. Smythe) promo for his excellent book ONE MORE THING beat me to it," he wrote.
In the comics, Alistair Smythe is a character who would later turn into the Ultimate Spider-Slayer. The first generation of spider-slayers was created by his father, Spencer Smythe. Alistair is seeking revenge for his father's death.
"I'm in a couple of scenes," Novak once said to The Huffington Post. "I can say that I work at Oscorp. And I am someone from the comic books, someone from the original. So, yeah, I'm somebody. I wouldn't say I'm pivotal, but I'm not an extra, either."
The sequel is due in the United States on May 2. Andrew Garfield is back as Peter Parker, and Emma Stone reprises her role as Gwen Stacy. Jamie Foxx stars as Electro, Dane DeHaan as Harry Osborn, Chris Cooper as Norman Osborn, and Paul Giamatti as The Rhino.
- Justin Timberlake Votes Early but He Lands in Trouble for Taking Ballot Selfie
- 'Walking Dead' Slammed by Parents TV Council Over Brutal Deaths
- Amber Rose Cozying Up to 'DWTS' Pro Val Chmerkovskiy at Her Birthday Party
- Fans Petition 'Deadpool 2' to Hire Quentin Tarantino After Tim Miller's Exit
- It's Not a Perfect Illusion. Lady GaGa Exposes Bare Crotch in Super Tiny Shorts
- Watch President Obama's Perfect Response to Donald Trump's Mean Tweet
- Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Are 'Getting Serious' as She Finalizes Divorce From Lamar Odom
- New 'John Wick: Chapter Two' Images Reveal Bruce Lee's 'Enter the Dragon'-Inspired Setting