B.J. Novak Confirmed to Play Alistair Smythe in 'Amazing Spider-Man 2'
B.J. Novak's role in "The Amazing Spider-Man 2" is revealed. Director Marc Webb takes to Twitter to confirm long-running rumor that the actor will play a villainous role. "Almost shot ASM2 in B+W til @bjnovak's (A. Smythe) promo for his excellent book ONE MORE THING beat me to it," he wrote.
In the comics, Alistair Smythe is a character who would later turn into the Ultimate Spider-Slayer. The first generation of spider-slayers was created by his father, Spencer Smythe. Alistair is seeking revenge for his father's death.
"I'm in a couple of scenes," Novak once said to The Huffington Post. "I can say that I work at Oscorp. And I am someone from the comic books, someone from the original. So, yeah, I'm somebody. I wouldn't say I'm pivotal, but I'm not an extra, either."
The sequel is due in the United States on May 2. Andrew Garfield is back as Peter Parker, and Emma Stone reprises her role as Gwen Stacy. Jamie Foxx stars as Electro, Dane DeHaan as Harry Osborn, Chris Cooper as Norman Osborn, and Paul Giamatti as The Rhino.
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby
- Mama June Feels 'Like Frankenstein' After Skin Removal Surgery. Is She Giving Up?
- Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani 'Torn Apart' by Her 'Flirtation' With 'The Voice' Contestant
- Katy Perry Reportedly Still Loves John Mayer. Will They Rekindle Their Romance?
- Trey Songz Slams Nicki Minaj: She Ain't Had S**t Before Me
- Han Solo Movie Adds 'Sing Street' Star Ian Kenny