B.J. Novak Confirmed to Play Alistair Smythe in 'Amazing Spider-Man 2'
B.J. Novak's role in "The Amazing Spider-Man 2" is revealed. Director Marc Webb takes to Twitter to confirm long-running rumor that the actor will play a villainous role. "Almost shot ASM2 in B+W til @bjnovak's (A. Smythe) promo for his excellent book ONE MORE THING beat me to it," he wrote.
In the comics, Alistair Smythe is a character who would later turn into the Ultimate Spider-Slayer. The first generation of spider-slayers was created by his father, Spencer Smythe. Alistair is seeking revenge for his father's death.
"I'm in a couple of scenes," Novak once said to The Huffington Post. "I can say that I work at Oscorp. And I am someone from the comic books, someone from the original. So, yeah, I'm somebody. I wouldn't say I'm pivotal, but I'm not an extra, either."
The sequel is due in the United States on May 2. Andrew Garfield is back as Peter Parker, and Emma Stone reprises her role as Gwen Stacy. Jamie Foxx stars as Electro, Dane DeHaan as Harry Osborn, Chris Cooper as Norman Osborn, and Paul Giamatti as The Rhino.
- Police Found No Evidence of Physical Abuse in Amber Heard's Case
- Phil Lord and Chris Miller's 'Spider-Man' Movie May Feature Miles Morales
- Colton Haynes Bares His Butt in This Racy Instagram Photo
- Heidi Klum Declares She 'Won't Get Married Again'
- Rainn Wilson Says Johnny Depp 'Is a Wife Beater'
- Does Tyga Really Owe Kylie Jenner $2 Million?
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Teases Jenna's Return: 'I'm in Most of the Season'
- Victoria's Secret Angels Give Justin Timberlake's 'Can't Stop the Feeling' Hotter Music Video