B.J. Novak Confirmed to Play Alistair Smythe in 'Amazing Spider-Man 2'
B.J. Novak's role in "The Amazing Spider-Man 2" is revealed. Director Marc Webb takes to Twitter to confirm long-running rumor that the actor will play a villainous role. "Almost shot ASM2 in B+W til @bjnovak's (A. Smythe) promo for his excellent book ONE MORE THING beat me to it," he wrote.
In the comics, Alistair Smythe is a character who would later turn into the Ultimate Spider-Slayer. The first generation of spider-slayers was created by his father, Spencer Smythe. Alistair is seeking revenge for his father's death.
"I'm in a couple of scenes," Novak once said to The Huffington Post. "I can say that I work at Oscorp. And I am someone from the comic books, someone from the original. So, yeah, I'm somebody. I wouldn't say I'm pivotal, but I'm not an extra, either."
The sequel is due in the United States on May 2. Andrew Garfield is back as Peter Parker, and Emma Stone reprises her role as Gwen Stacy. Jamie Foxx stars as Electro, Dane DeHaan as Harry Osborn, Chris Cooper as Norman Osborn, and Paul Giamatti as The Rhino.
- Get a Look at Intriguing New Footage of 'King Arthur: Legend of the Sword'
- Nicole Scherzinger Flashes Ample Cleavage and Toned Abs for New Ad
- Kurt Sutter Reveals The Mayans Originally Didn't Exist in 'Sons of Anarchy'
- Colton Haynes Introduces New Boyfriend Jeff Leatham
- First Look at Kurt Russell as Ego the Living Planet in 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'
- Here's the First Look of Shocker's Costume in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Watch John Legend's Show-Stopping Performance at NBA All-Star Game 2017 Halftime Show
- Madonna's Malawi Twins' Father Says He Didn't Realize the Adoption Was Permanent