Barbara Walters Under Fire for Defending Woody Allen
Barbara Walters has been criticized for defending Woody Allen, who is accused of sexually abusing his adopted daughter Dylan Farrow when she was only 7 years old. Barbara talked about the issue on Monday, February 3 episode of "The View" with her co-hosts and even got into a heated argument with Sherri Shepherd.
"I have rarely seen a father as sensitive, as loving and as caring as Woody is and Soon-Yi to these two girls. I don't know about Dylan. I can only tell you what I have seen now," Barbara said, referring to Woody and his wife Soon-Yi Previn and their children. Sherri then pointed out that men who were perceived to be nice were also able to commit crime.
"We've heard so many cases of people going, 'He was the most wonderful person in the world. I would have never thought he would've...,' " Sherri said, adding that there are "many things that go on behind closed doors."
Following the heated exchange, some people took to Twitter to slam Barbara for defending the "Blue Jasmine" director. "@BarbaraJWalters A seasoned journalist actually thinks that a 'nice man' cannot be guilty of molestation? Ignorant & offensive. #theview," a Twitter user wrote.
"Very irresponsible of #BarbaraWalters to stick up for #WoodyAllen today re #DylanFarrow's allegations. Good on #Sherrisheperd 4 speaking up," another person added. "After 2day's #TheView Barbara Walters might want to consider moving her retirement date up. Defending ppl b/c they're friends is DANGEROUS," a person said in a Twitter post.
- G-Dragon Promises Big Bang Will Reunite as 5 Members
- Jay Park Signs With Roc Nation
- Justin Bieber Banned From China Over His 'Bad Behavior'
- Kim Kardashian Is 'Furious' After Video of Her Partying Hard Exposed
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Tasha McCauley Welcome Second Child
- Celebrities Who Regret Getting Plastic Surgery
- JYJ's Park Yoochun's Fiancee Allegedly Wants to Break Off Engagement
- Kingsman Teams Up With Statesman in New 'The Golden Circle' Red Band Trailer