'The Lego Movie' Sequel in the Works With New Writers
"The Lego Movie" won't arrive in theaters until this weekend, but a sequel is already in the works. The report comes after the movie got a positive early review. The kid-friendly film that will feature fans' favorite heroes like Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman and Ninja Turtles is projected to open around $40 million.
According to The Wrap, Jared Stern, who wrote "The Internship" and "Mr. Popper's Penguins", is hired to work on the script with Michelle Morgan ("Girl Most Likely"). Phil Lord and Christopher Miller wrote and directed the first film. It's unclear if the duo will return to the directing seat for the sequel.
"The Lego Movie" is set to make its way out this coming Friday, February 7. The voice cast members include Chris Pratt, Will Arnett, Morgan Freeman, Elizabeth Banks, Liam Neeson, Channing Tatum, Jonah Hill, Cobie Smulders, and Will Ferrell. It will open against "The Monuments Men" and "Vampire Academy".
"The Lego Movie" - Nick Offerman "This Friday" Spot:
- 'Game of Thrones' Stars Talk About the Bloodbath and Power Transfer in Season Finale
- Deadpool Makes Surprise Appearance in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Japanese Trailer
- 50 Cent Arrested in the Caribbean for Saying 'Motherf**ker' at Music Festival
- Adele Burps While Taking Selfie With a Fan Onstage. See the Hilarious Video
- Rihanna Previews New Song 'Sledgehammer' From 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Mariah Carey Shows Off Bare Butts at Her DJ Debut in Las Vegas
- Justin Timberlake Attacked by Twitter Users for His Comment on Jesse Williams' BET Awards Speech
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris