'The Lego Movie' Sequel in the Works With New Writers
"The Lego Movie" won't arrive in theaters until this weekend, but a sequel is already in the works. The report comes after the movie got a positive early review. The kid-friendly film that will feature fans' favorite heroes like Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman and Ninja Turtles is projected to open around $40 million.
According to The Wrap, Jared Stern, who wrote "The Internship" and "Mr. Popper's Penguins", is hired to work on the script with Michelle Morgan ("Girl Most Likely"). Phil Lord and Christopher Miller wrote and directed the first film. It's unclear if the duo will return to the directing seat for the sequel.
"The Lego Movie" is set to make its way out this coming Friday, February 7. The voice cast members include Chris Pratt, Will Arnett, Morgan Freeman, Elizabeth Banks, Liam Neeson, Channing Tatum, Jonah Hill, Cobie Smulders, and Will Ferrell. It will open against "The Monuments Men" and "Vampire Academy".
"The Lego Movie" - Nick Offerman "This Friday" Spot:
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Reportedly Eyes Liam Garrigan to Portray King Arthur
- No, It's Not Britney! Kourtney Kardashian Plays With Huge Snake in This Cringe-Inducing Picture
- Iggy Azalea and French Montana Are Pictured Kissing as a Source Confirms Their Relationship
- It's Official: 'Pretty Little Liars' to End With Season 7, 'Grimm' Canceled After 6 Seasons
- Red Band Trailer for 'Kevin Hart: What Now?' Sees Halle Berry as the Comedian's Bond Girl
- Watch Ariana Grande and Nicki Minaj Ooze Sexiness in 'Side to Side' Video