'The Lego Movie' Sequel in the Works With New Writers
"The Lego Movie" won't arrive in theaters until this weekend, but a sequel is already in the works. The report comes after the movie got a positive early review. The kid-friendly film that will feature fans' favorite heroes like Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman and Ninja Turtles is projected to open around $40 million.
According to The Wrap, Jared Stern, who wrote "The Internship" and "Mr. Popper's Penguins", is hired to work on the script with Michelle Morgan ("Girl Most Likely"). Phil Lord and Christopher Miller wrote and directed the first film. It's unclear if the duo will return to the directing seat for the sequel.
"The Lego Movie" is set to make its way out this coming Friday, February 7. The voice cast members include Chris Pratt, Will Arnett, Morgan Freeman, Elizabeth Banks, Liam Neeson, Channing Tatum, Jonah Hill, Cobie Smulders, and Will Ferrell. It will open against "The Monuments Men" and "Vampire Academy".
"The Lego Movie" - Nick Offerman "This Friday" Spot:
- 'Homeland' Finds Its Female President in 'House of Cards' Star
- Lindsay Lohan's Father Confirms She Told Him She's Pregnant
- Beyonce and 4-Year-Old Blue Ivy Play Twinsie in Cute Pictures
- Shonda Rhimes Denies 'GMA' Report That 'Scandal' Is Ending With Season 6
- Ellen Pompeo Admits She Stays on 'Grey's Anatomy' Because of Her Age
- James McAvoy Is a Psychopath in 'Split' Trailer
- Kristen Stewart 'So Much Happier' With Girlfriend Alicia Cargile Than With Any Man
- Watch: Elizabeth Banks, Idina Menzel and More Stars Cover 'Fight Song' for Hillary Clinton