'The Lego Movie' Sequel in the Works With New Writers
"The Lego Movie" won't arrive in theaters until this weekend, but a sequel is already in the works. The report comes after the movie got a positive early review. The kid-friendly film that will feature fans' favorite heroes like Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman and Ninja Turtles is projected to open around $40 million.
According to The Wrap, Jared Stern, who wrote "The Internship" and "Mr. Popper's Penguins", is hired to work on the script with Michelle Morgan ("Girl Most Likely"). Phil Lord and Christopher Miller wrote and directed the first film. It's unclear if the duo will return to the directing seat for the sequel.
"The Lego Movie" is set to make its way out this coming Friday, February 7. The voice cast members include Chris Pratt, Will Arnett, Morgan Freeman, Elizabeth Banks, Liam Neeson, Channing Tatum, Jonah Hill, Cobie Smulders, and Will Ferrell. It will open against "The Monuments Men" and "Vampire Academy".
"The Lego Movie" - Nick Offerman "This Friday" Spot:
- Joanna Krupa Causes Internet Frenzy After Seemingly Posing Fully-Naked
- David Ayer Regrets That Joker Is Not 'Suicide Squad' Main Villain
- Robin Excitedly Tries on Different Costumes in First 'Lego Batman Movie' Clip
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Her Breasts in Sheer Top While Strolling Around Paris
- Kanye West Reportedly Ready to Continue His Canceled 'Saint Pablo' Tour
- Chelsea Clinton Branded Hypocrite After Defending Barron Trump From Cyberbullies
- New 'Powerless' Promo Features Crimson Fox Catching a Train
- Woody Harrelson Is Han Solo's Mentor in Upcoming 'Star Wars' Spin-Off