'The Lego Movie' Sequel in the Works With New Writers
"The Lego Movie" won't arrive in theaters until this weekend, but a sequel is already in the works. The report comes after the movie got a positive early review. The kid-friendly film that will feature fans' favorite heroes like Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman and Ninja Turtles is projected to open around $40 million.
According to The Wrap, Jared Stern, who wrote "The Internship" and "Mr. Popper's Penguins", is hired to work on the script with Michelle Morgan ("Girl Most Likely"). Phil Lord and Christopher Miller wrote and directed the first film. It's unclear if the duo will return to the directing seat for the sequel.
"The Lego Movie" is set to make its way out this coming Friday, February 7. The voice cast members include Chris Pratt, Will Arnett, Morgan Freeman, Elizabeth Banks, Liam Neeson, Channing Tatum, Jonah Hill, Cobie Smulders, and Will Ferrell. It will open against "The Monuments Men" and "Vampire Academy".
"The Lego Movie" - Nick Offerman "This Friday" Spot:
- Johnny Depp Wasn't Even Near Amber Heard When He Allegedly Hit Her, Witnesses Say
- Is Olivia Culpo Dating Danny Amendola? Here's the Proof
- Brad Pitt Reportedly Worries About 'Anorexic' and 'Fragile' Angelina Jolie
- Dan Aykroyd on Why 'Ghostbusters' Reboot Is Worth Watching: It Has More Laughs and More Scares
- Gwen Stefani Releases Fashionable 'Misery' Music Video
- Harambe the Gorilla Shooting Sparks Outrage Among Hollywood Stars
- Brooklyn Beckham Flaunting His Abs in This Shirtless Selfie Will Make You Drool
- 'Game of Thrones': George R. R. Martin Reveals Brienne's Backstory