Chris Brown Will Continue Rehab Stint, Judge Says
Chris Brown will continue staying in rehab for now. A prosecutor filed a motion to put the singer in jail during the Monday, February 3 court session, but the judge turned it down. Los Angeles Superior Court Judge James R. Brandlin said that Brown should stay in rehab for anger management and drug problem, telling the "With You" singer, "It appears your doing well in the program."
Latest probation report mentioned that Brown's behavior changed positively. "He appears to have a more serious and responsible demeanor and is responding well to dual diagnosis treatment program and changes in medication," his probation officer wrote, as reported by CNN.
Los Angeles County Deputy District Attorney Mary Murray previously argued that Brown should be put in jail following his Washington D.C. arrest in October. Murray said that Brown's outburst was "increasing in severity and intensity," citing the arrest and an incident in which Brown threw a brick through his mother's car window.
After the hearing, Brown's attorney Mark Geragos commented, "There's no reason to put him into custody at this point. We're happy that the judge agreed with us." The Grammy-winning singer will be in rehab facility until February 19. He is next scheduled to appear in court on February 28. He is also set to travel to Washington for a hearing on the assault charge on February 20.
More Chris Brown News
- Get Details of Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth's Spiritual Summer Nuptials
- 'Fargo' Season 3 Gets Premiere Date
- New Couple Alert? Amber Rose Spotted Partying With Kevin Durant
- Blac Chyna Celebrates 40-Pound Weight Loss by Posing Nude in Bed
- Kristen Stewart In Talks for Fox's Thriller 'Underwater'
- 'The Predator' Reboot Adds 'Chuck' Alum Yvonne Strahovski
- Nick Cannon Introduces Newborn Baby Boy Golden 'Sagon'
- Jamie Chung to Play Blink in FOX's 'X-Men' Pilot