Katy Perry Is Most Followed Person in Twitter History
Katy Perry reached a milestone on Twitter when she got a whooping 50.1 million followers. The "Dark Horse" singer passed the 50 million mark over the weekend, making her the most followed person in Twitter history.
"Oh yeah AND we grew to 50 million Katycats! Eh, regular day at the office," Perry tweeted to mark the occasion. Behind Perry is Justin Bieber who has 49.3 million followers today. She took over the frontrunning position from him in November when she had 46.48 million followers while Bieber had 46.47 million.
Perry's boyfriend John Mayer happened to rejoin Twitter on Friday, January 31 after several years of absence. "I'm back. What'd I miss?" Mayer wrote along with a link to Rebecca Black's "Friday" and the caption "Been waiting SO long to share this with you. It's so bad it's good. Take a look."
Mayer may get a boost in followers for his girlfriend encouraged hers to give him a warm welcome. "FOLLOW FRIDAY @JohnMayer who's account has basically been in a coma state for a couple of year. Let's update him on all the cat youtubes he may have missed pls! Thanks! (sic)" she wrote.
More Katy Perry News
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences