Katy Perry Is Most Followed Person in Twitter History
Katy Perry reached a milestone on Twitter when she got a whooping 50.1 million followers. The "Dark Horse" singer passed the 50 million mark over the weekend, making her the most followed person in Twitter history.
"Oh yeah AND we grew to 50 million Katycats! Eh, regular day at the office," Perry tweeted to mark the occasion. Behind Perry is Justin Bieber who has 49.3 million followers today. She took over the frontrunning position from him in November when she had 46.48 million followers while Bieber had 46.47 million.
Perry's boyfriend John Mayer happened to rejoin Twitter on Friday, January 31 after several years of absence. "I'm back. What'd I miss?" Mayer wrote along with a link to Rebecca Black's "Friday" and the caption "Been waiting SO long to share this with you. It's so bad it's good. Take a look."
Mayer may get a boost in followers for his girlfriend encouraged hers to give him a warm welcome. "FOLLOW FRIDAY @JohnMayer who's account has basically been in a coma state for a couple of year. Let's update him on all the cat youtubes he may have missed pls! Thanks! (sic)" she wrote.
More Katy Perry News
- Racist Men Charged for Hurling N-Word at Jamie Foxx
- Cate Blanchett Turns Into a Drag Queen for Charity
- See Mindy Transforming Into a Handsome White Man on 'The Mindy Project'
- Video of Harrison Ford Flying Over Commercial Plane Emerges
- Karlie Kloss Flashes Major Sideboob as She Goes Braless at a Charity Event
- Tom Brady's Missing Super Bowl Jersey Is Worth $500,000
- Jimmy Kimmel May Retire From Late-Night TV: 'I Have Very Little Free Time'
- 'The Flash' 3.14 Preview: Team Flash Is Ready to Battle Grodd and His Army