Katy Perry Is Most Followed Person in Twitter History
Katy Perry reached a milestone on Twitter when she got a whooping 50.1 million followers. The "Dark Horse" singer passed the 50 million mark over the weekend, making her the most followed person in Twitter history.
"Oh yeah AND we grew to 50 million Katycats! Eh, regular day at the office," Perry tweeted to mark the occasion. Behind Perry is Justin Bieber who has 49.3 million followers today. She took over the frontrunning position from him in November when she had 46.48 million followers while Bieber had 46.47 million.
Perry's boyfriend John Mayer happened to rejoin Twitter on Friday, January 31 after several years of absence. "I'm back. What'd I miss?" Mayer wrote along with a link to Rebecca Black's "Friday" and the caption "Been waiting SO long to share this with you. It's so bad it's good. Take a look."
Mayer may get a boost in followers for his girlfriend encouraged hers to give him a warm welcome. "FOLLOW FRIDAY @JohnMayer who's account has basically been in a coma state for a couple of year. Let's update him on all the cat youtubes he may have missed pls! Thanks! (sic)" she wrote.
More Katy Perry News
- 'Game of Thrones' Stars Talk About the Bloodbath and Power Transfer in Season Finale
- Deadpool Makes Surprise Appearance in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Japanese Trailer
- 50 Cent Arrested in the Caribbean for Saying 'Motherf**ker' at Music Festival
- Adele Burps While Taking Selfie With a Fan Onstage. See the Hilarious Video
- Rihanna Previews New Song 'Sledgehammer' From 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Mariah Carey Shows Off Bare Butts at Her DJ Debut in Las Vegas
- Justin Timberlake Attacked by Twitter Users for His Comment on Jesse Williams' BET Awards Speech
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris