U2 Debuts New Song 'Invisible' During Super Bowl
U2 has debuted their new song entitled "Invisible" in an ad for Bank of America and Bono's (RED) which aired during the Super Bowl on Sunday, February 2. Directed by Mark Romanek, the 60-second black-and-white ad shows the Irish band performing the tune during a concert.
The track that features vocalist Bono singing "More than you know, I'm not invisible" was produced by Danger Mouse and is currently available for free download on iTunes. The song will be available on the site until Monday. (RED) will receive a $1 donation from Bank of America for every song downloaded.
(RED) was founded in 2006 by Bono and Bobby Shriver to fight AIDS, malaria and tuberculosis worldwide. "We're taking all the energy around the Super Bowl and interest in what U2's doing and flipping it into the fight against HIV AIDS," Bono said of his new song in an interview with USA Today.
Bono went on explaining that (RED) wanted to collaborate with Bank of America in part "to tell Americans how extraordinary they've been in the fight against AIDS."
"Invisible" will be featured in U2's upcoming album, but won't serve as the first single. "We have another song we're excited about to kick off the album," he added. "This is just sort of a sneak preview-to remind people we exist."
Of why the track was chosen to be featured in the commercial, Bono said, "It's the first one we finished." He revealed that his band already had "lots and lots of songs", but they would continue to work on their new album "for a couple of months." Bono explained, "We want it to come out this summer, but you don't want to let anyone down."
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support
- Secretly Married? See Miley Cyrus' New Band on Her Ring Finger
- Meet the Ravagers From 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'