'Seinfeld' Reunion Project Unveiled During Super Bowl
The "Seinfeld" reunion that Jerry Seinfeld teased last week has been unveiled during the Super Bowl XLVIII. It turns out the big "secret project" that Seinfeld filmed with Jason Alexander in January is an episode of Seinfeld's web series "Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee" with his former co-star Alexander reprising his role as George Contanza.
The commercial for the web series was aired during the halftime of the game between the Denver Broncos and Seattle Seahawks. The six-minute full episode landed online shortly after. It features Jerry and George heading to Tom's Restaurant, where they talk about a Super Bowl party at the Wassersteins.
George complains that they're not invited to the party, but Jerry is actually invited. George's not invited because of his poor manners at previous event, but he eventually lets Jerry to watch the game at the gathering. Jerry, however, is suddenly not interested in joining the party after his nemesis Newman (Wayne Knight) shows up.
In a statement released after the segment aired, Seinfeld explains, "FOX approached (Seinfeld co-creator) Larry (David) and me about doing some kind of Seinfeld reunion for the halftime broadcast because of the New York connection. So we thought throwing Jerry, George and Newman into a Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee was a fun way to do it. Larry and I wrote the script in one sitting, just like old times, and working with him, Jason and Wayne was a total blast as it always was."
'Seinfeld' Reunion Super Bowl Commercial:
- Usher Releases Two New Tracks Off 'Hard II Love'
- Rihanna Gets the Biggest Gift Ever From Drake in Honor of Her VMAs Win
- First Look at Lumiere, Cogsworth, Gaston and Le Fou in 'Beauty and the Beast'
- Julianne Hough and Derek Hough to Return for 'DWTS' Season 23
- Sam Mendes in Talks to Direct Disney's 'James and the Giant Peach'
- 'Veep' Star Anna Chlumsky Gives Birth to Her Second Child
- Producer Defends Frank Ocean for Self-Releasing 'Blonde' Album, Slams Def Jam
- Kanye West and Kim Kardashian Give Paparazzi Free Yeezy Sneakers