'Seinfeld' Reunion Project Unveiled During Super Bowl
The "Seinfeld" reunion that Jerry Seinfeld teased last week has been unveiled during the Super Bowl XLVIII. It turns out the big "secret project" that Seinfeld filmed with Jason Alexander in January is an episode of Seinfeld's web series "Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee" with his former co-star Alexander reprising his role as George Contanza.
The commercial for the web series was aired during the halftime of the game between the Denver Broncos and Seattle Seahawks. The six-minute full episode landed online shortly after. It features Jerry and George heading to Tom's Restaurant, where they talk about a Super Bowl party at the Wassersteins.
George complains that they're not invited to the party, but Jerry is actually invited. George's not invited because of his poor manners at previous event, but he eventually lets Jerry to watch the game at the gathering. Jerry, however, is suddenly not interested in joining the party after his nemesis Newman (Wayne Knight) shows up.
In a statement released after the segment aired, Seinfeld explains, "FOX approached (Seinfeld co-creator) Larry (David) and me about doing some kind of Seinfeld reunion for the halftime broadcast because of the New York connection. So we thought throwing Jerry, George and Newman into a Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee was a fun way to do it. Larry and I wrote the script in one sitting, just like old times, and working with him, Jason and Wayne was a total blast as it always was."
'Seinfeld' Reunion Super Bowl Commercial:
"Seinfeld" Cast Mini Reunion on "Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee"
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal