J.K. Rowling Admits Hermione Should Have Married Harry Potter, Not Ron
J.K. Rowling confesses she got Harry Potter love story mixed up in her book series which has become an instant classic. In an interview with Wonderland magazine, the author says Hermione Granger, who married Ron Wesley at the end of the story, should have ended up with Harry.
"I wrote the Hermione/Ron relationship as a form of wish fulfillment," Rowling explains. "That's how it was conceived, really. For reasons that have very little to do with literature and far more to do with me clinging to the plot as I first imagined it, Hermione ended up with Ron."
"I know, I'm sorry," she adds. "I can hear the rage and fury it might cause some fans, but if I'm absolutely honest, distance has given me perspective on that. It was a choice I made for very personal reasons, not for reasons of credibility. Am I breaking people's hearts by saying this? I hope not."
Emma Watson plays the bookworm student in the film adaptations, while Daniel Radcliffe and Rupert Grint portray best buddies Harry and Ron respectively. "I think there are fans out there who know that too and who wonder whether Ron would have really been able to make her happy," the actress says, seemingly agreeing with Rowling.
After hitting the big screen in eight blockbusters, Harry Potter will head to the stage for a London production which will tell "the previously untold story of Harry Potter's early years as an orphan and outcast." A spin-off movie based on Hogwarts textbook "Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them" is also in the works at Warner Bros. Rowling serves as a producer for the stage musical, and writes the script for the spin-off.
More Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part II News
- 'Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life' Gets First Teaser and Premiere Date
- Jennifer Garner and Ben Affleck '100 Percent Still Separated' Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Miranda Lambert's Rep Shoots Down Pregnancy Rumors
- Watch Star-Studded Performance of 'What the World Needs Now Is Love' at DNC
- 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Brings Out the Poetic World
- Keshia Knight Pulliam Accuses Her Husband of Cheating While Tearfully Talking About Divorce
- Beyonce Is Reported to Perform at 2016 MTV VMAs
- George and Amal Clooney Are Reportedly Expecting First Child