J.K. Rowling Admits Hermione Should Have Married Harry Potter, Not Ron
J.K. Rowling confesses she got Harry Potter love story mixed up in her book series which has become an instant classic. In an interview with Wonderland magazine, the author says Hermione Granger, who married Ron Wesley at the end of the story, should have ended up with Harry.
"I wrote the Hermione/Ron relationship as a form of wish fulfillment," Rowling explains. "That's how it was conceived, really. For reasons that have very little to do with literature and far more to do with me clinging to the plot as I first imagined it, Hermione ended up with Ron."
"I know, I'm sorry," she adds. "I can hear the rage and fury it might cause some fans, but if I'm absolutely honest, distance has given me perspective on that. It was a choice I made for very personal reasons, not for reasons of credibility. Am I breaking people's hearts by saying this? I hope not."
Emma Watson plays the bookworm student in the film adaptations, while Daniel Radcliffe and Rupert Grint portray best buddies Harry and Ron respectively. "I think there are fans out there who know that too and who wonder whether Ron would have really been able to make her happy," the actress says, seemingly agreeing with Rowling.
After hitting the big screen in eight blockbusters, Harry Potter will head to the stage for a London production which will tell "the previously untold story of Harry Potter's early years as an orphan and outcast." A spin-off movie based on Hogwarts textbook "Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them" is also in the works at Warner Bros. Rowling serves as a producer for the stage musical, and writes the script for the spin-off.
- Most Brutal Celebrity vs Paparazzi Fights
- Are 'Riverdale' Stars Cole Sprouse and Lili Reinhart Dating?
- 'Ant-Man and the Wasp': Evangeline Lilly Reacts to Michelle Pfeiffer's Casting as Her On-Screen Mom
- Celebrity Police Unit to Be Discontinued Following Big Bang's T.O.P's Marijuana Scandal
- Cara Delevingne Says She Wants to Be James Bond Amid Bond Girl Rumors
- Johnny Depp Demands Claim He Has 'Psychological Issues' Removed From Court Record
- Cheeky! Emily Ratajkowski Flashes Ample Cleavage in Polka Dot Outfit
- Stephen Colbert Mocks Anthony Scaramucci Hiring as New White House Press Secretary