J.K. Rowling Admits Hermione Should Have Married Harry Potter, Not Ron
J.K. Rowling confesses she got Harry Potter love story mixed up in her book series which has become an instant classic. In an interview with Wonderland magazine, the author says Hermione Granger, who married Ron Wesley at the end of the story, should have ended up with Harry.
"I wrote the Hermione/Ron relationship as a form of wish fulfillment," Rowling explains. "That's how it was conceived, really. For reasons that have very little to do with literature and far more to do with me clinging to the plot as I first imagined it, Hermione ended up with Ron."
"I know, I'm sorry," she adds. "I can hear the rage and fury it might cause some fans, but if I'm absolutely honest, distance has given me perspective on that. It was a choice I made for very personal reasons, not for reasons of credibility. Am I breaking people's hearts by saying this? I hope not."
Emma Watson plays the bookworm student in the film adaptations, while Daniel Radcliffe and Rupert Grint portray best buddies Harry and Ron respectively. "I think there are fans out there who know that too and who wonder whether Ron would have really been able to make her happy," the actress says, seemingly agreeing with Rowling.
After hitting the big screen in eight blockbusters, Harry Potter will head to the stage for a London production which will tell "the previously untold story of Harry Potter's early years as an orphan and outcast." A spin-off movie based on Hogwarts textbook "Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them" is also in the works at Warner Bros. Rowling serves as a producer for the stage musical, and writes the script for the spin-off.
- Drake Reportedly Has 'Weed Overdose'
- Kanye West 'Would Love to Have More Kids' With Kim Kardashian
- Justin Bieber Facing Arrest in Brazil Over Graffiti Case
- Peter Parker Wants to Be Like Iron Man in New 'Spider-Man Homecoming' Trailer
- Kris Jenner and Corey Gamble Break Up
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Generates Online Outrage After Lifting Up Sarah Paulson's Skirt at PaleyFest
- New Footage of 'Blade Runner 2049' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- Nina Agdal Flaunts Her Enviable Figure in Skimpy Bikinis for New Swimwear Campaign