Video: Bruno Mars and Red Hot Chili Peppers Rock Super Bowl Halftime Show
Bruno Mars headlined the halftime show of the Super Bowl XLVIII on Sunday, February 2. The singer performed some of his hit singles during the game between the Denver Broncos and Seattle Seahawks at New Jersey's MetLife Stadium.
Mars opened his set with "Billionaire", his collaboration with Travis McCoy. Several children sang the song's chorus while the Hawaii-born musician played the drums. He later took the stage to sing his "Locked Out of Heaven". Wearing a silky suit, he was joined by a backing band.
The performance continued with Mars singing "Treasure" and "Runaway Baby", which were taken from his latest chart-topping album "Unorthodox Jukebox" and his debut record "Doo - Wops & Hooligans", respectively.
Mars then brought out Red Hot Chili Peppers to perform "Give It Away" together. Vocalist Anthony Kiedis and bassist Flea were shirtless as they joined Mars onstage.
The 13-minute show concluded with the live rendition of "Just the Way You Are". Some American troops appeared in a video to deliver messages for their loved ones before Mars sang the romantic tune while fireworks exploded in the background.
- Harley Quinn and The Joker Sport Very Different Tattoos in Early 'Suicide Squad' Concept Art
- 'Gotham': Cameron Monaghan Teases Disfigured Jerome With These Photos
- Spoiler Alert! 'Arrow' Showrunner Unveils Season 5 Finale Scene
- Trouble in Paradise? Jennifer Aniston's 'Tired' Justin Theroux Chooses His Career Over Her
- The Rock Has Some Epic Fights in New 'Jumanji' On-Set Photos
- Lady GaGa Causes Twitter Frenzy With Her 'Unrecognizable' Face on 'X Factor'
- New 'The Flash' Set Photos Reveal New Villain and a Mysterious Character
- Report: 'Game of Thrones' Books UFC Fighter Conor McGregor for Upcoming Season