Bob Dylan Appears in Chrysler's Super Bowl Ad
A Super Bowl commercial for Chrysler 200 starring Bob Dylan has aired with the veteran singer/songwriter playing narrator and protagonist in the 2-minute spot. Dylan sparks patriotism in the ad, convincing people to buy the sedan.
"Is there anything more American than America?" Dylan asks. " 'Cause you can't import a vision. You can't fake true cool. You can't duplicate legacy. Because what Detroit created was a first and became an inspiration to the rest of the world. You can search the world over for the finer things but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it."
"Because we believe in the zoom, and the roar and the thrust. And when it's made here it's made with the one thing you can't import from anywhere else. American pride," he continues saying. "So let Germany brew your beer. Have Switzerland make your watch. Let Asia assemble your phone. We will build your car." In the end of the video, a message reads, "All-New Chrysler 200."
Dylan joins other popular names such as Eminem, Clint Eastwood and Berry Gordy who previously starred in commercials for the automaker. In addition to appearing in the Chrysler ad, Dylan lent his 1966 song "I Want You" for Cobani's Super Bowl ad this year.
- New 'Jumanji' Movie Will Center on Video Game Instead of Magical Board Game
- Calvin Harris Announces New Single Featuring Pharrell, Ariana Grande and Young Thug
- New Boyfriend? Ellie Goulding Spotted Getting Cozy With Athlete Caspar Jopling
- 'The Flash' 3.19 Preview: Meet Future Barry Allen
- Natalie Portman Will Portray Bull Rider in 'Bronco Belle'
- 'The Voice' Battle Round Night 4: Coaches Round Out Teams of 8. See Who Makes the Cut!
- Missing His Family? Brad Pitt 'Secretly Joined' Angelina Jolie and Kids on Recent Cambodia Trip
- First Gloomy Footage of 'Annihilation' Is Screened at CinemaCon