Bob Dylan Appears in Chrysler's Super Bowl Ad
A Super Bowl commercial for Chrysler 200 starring Bob Dylan has aired with the veteran singer/songwriter playing narrator and protagonist in the 2-minute spot. Dylan sparks patriotism in the ad, convincing people to buy the sedan.
"Is there anything more American than America?" Dylan asks. " 'Cause you can't import a vision. You can't fake true cool. You can't duplicate legacy. Because what Detroit created was a first and became an inspiration to the rest of the world. You can search the world over for the finer things but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it."
"Because we believe in the zoom, and the roar and the thrust. And when it's made here it's made with the one thing you can't import from anywhere else. American pride," he continues saying. "So let Germany brew your beer. Have Switzerland make your watch. Let Asia assemble your phone. We will build your car." In the end of the video, a message reads, "All-New Chrysler 200."
Dylan joins other popular names such as Eminem, Clint Eastwood and Berry Gordy who previously starred in commercials for the automaker. In addition to appearing in the Chrysler ad, Dylan lent his 1966 song "I Want You" for Cobani's Super Bowl ad this year.
- Fifth Harmony, Nick Viall and Nancy Kerrigan to Join 'DWTS' Season 24
- Justin Bieber Denies Peeing His Pants: 'Water Spilled on My D**k Area'
- Meryl Streep Reacts After Karl Lagerfeld Calls Her 'Cheap' for Snubbing Chanel Dress at Oscars
- Watch Ed Sheeran Adorably Crash Katy Perry's Interview
- Neil Gaiman's 'American Gods' Finally Has Premiere Date
- 'Their Finest' New Trailer Conveys Warmth Amid WWII
- First Trailer for Netflix's 'Burning Sands' Features Black Fraternity Hazing
- Meghan Trainor Empowers Women on New Song 'I'm a Lady'