Video: Queen Latifah Sings 'America the Beautiful' at Super Bowl
Queen Latifah returned to her hometown of New Jersey to kick off the pre-game show at Super Bowl XLVII on Sunday, February 2 with a beautiful rendition of "America the Beautiful". Braving the cold weather in a blue snorkel coat and a white turtle neck, the singer/actress belted out the patriotic song while being backed by New Jersey Youth Chorus.
It wasn't Latifah's first time to perform the song during Super Bowl. She sang the same song with Carrie Underwood back in 2010, when the New Orleans Saints took on the Indianapolis Colts at Super Bowl XLIV.
Opera singer Renee Fleming later took the stage at New Jersey's MetLife Stadium to sing "The Star-Spangled Banner". Dressed in a black-and-white dress designed by Vera Wang, the four-time Grammy Awards-winner wowed the crowd with her beautiful voice.
After the performance, Fleming said that the sea of spectators didn't make her feel nervous. "I do most of my nervous stuff in advance so when I actually get there I can enjoy it ... and it was certainly true this time," she said as cited by Associated Press. "I feel so thrilled and honored to be out there. I loved every second."
Queen Latifah Sings "America the Beautiful":
Renee Fleming Sings "The Star-Spangled Banner":
- Comic-Con: 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' Footage and 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Villain Revealed
- Leonardo DiCaprio Reunites With Nina Agdal After 'Caught Flirting' With Another Woman at His Gala
- Watch Henry Cavill Walk Around in Mask and Hilariously Prank Will Smith at Comic-Con
- Comic-Con: New 'Fantastic Beasts' Trailer Shows Newt Scamander Recapturing the Creatures
- Gwen Stefani's Son Kingston Sings Blake Shelton's Song While Face-Swapping With Him
- Comic-Con: Check Out Trailers for 'Flash' Season 3, 'Arrow' Season 5 and 'Legends' Season 2
- Refusing to Enter Rehab, Lamar Odom Walks Out of Family's Intervention
- Kristen Bell Shares First Photos From Her Wedding While Tearing Up Talking About Hubby Dax Shepard