Video: Queen Latifah Sings 'America the Beautiful' at Super Bowl
Queen Latifah returned to her hometown of New Jersey to kick off the pre-game show at Super Bowl XLVII on Sunday, February 2 with a beautiful rendition of "America the Beautiful". Braving the cold weather in a blue snorkel coat and a white turtle neck, the singer/actress belted out the patriotic song while being backed by New Jersey Youth Chorus.
It wasn't Latifah's first time to perform the song during Super Bowl. She sang the same song with Carrie Underwood back in 2010, when the New Orleans Saints took on the Indianapolis Colts at Super Bowl XLIV.
Opera singer Renee Fleming later took the stage at New Jersey's MetLife Stadium to sing "The Star-Spangled Banner". Dressed in a black-and-white dress designed by Vera Wang, the four-time Grammy Awards-winner wowed the crowd with her beautiful voice.
After the performance, Fleming said that the sea of spectators didn't make her feel nervous. "I do most of my nervous stuff in advance so when I actually get there I can enjoy it ... and it was certainly true this time," she said as cited by Associated Press. "I feel so thrilled and honored to be out there. I loved every second."
Queen Latifah Sings "America the Beautiful":
Renee Fleming Sings "The Star-Spangled Banner":
- Watch 'Carpool Karaoke' With Madonna and Find Out Juicy Detail of Her Night Out With Michael Jackson
- Major Lazer Mashes Up Biggest Hits of the Year for YouTube Rewind 2016 Video
- John Cena Promises to Destroy 'Saturday Night Live' in New Promo
- Katy Perry Joins Jennifer Aniston at 'Office Christmas Party' L.A. Premiere
- Kardashian Sisters Try to Block Blac Chyna From Trademarking Their Family Name. How She Reacts?
- Nick Cannon Hits Back at Dane Cook Who Shamed Him for Wearing Turban
- Johnny Depp Dubbed Hollywood's Most Overpaid Actor Again by Forbes
- 'The Bachelor' Season 21 Cast Photos: Meet 30 Girls Vying for Nick Viall's Heart