Tom Arnold Says Dax Shepard Offered to Be His Sperm Donor
Dax Shepard once offered to be a sperm donor for Tom Arnold when he and his fourth wife Ashley were struggling to conceive. Arnold talked about the struggle when stopping by "The Wendy Williams Show" on Thursday, January 30, saying that he had "a very low sperm count." During the appearance, Arnold said that he actually had "given up" the hope, but his wife "really wanted" to try.
"She [Ashley] was three or four months [when she miscarried]. I think the thing is, as a husband, because I'd been down this road, I knew in my heart it wouldn't work. I wanted to go immediately to a doctor. I wanted to do a sperm donor," Arnold said. "My friend Dax Shepard offered to donate his sperm. And his wife Kristen Bell allowed that. And it was about the nicest thing ever. And I wanted to do that but Ashley wanted to keep trying."
The couple's effort later paid off. "Sharon Stone is really nice, a great friend. She's done so well, she has a wonderful family. She writes, she says, 'Go to this guy,' and we basically met with him, and we were coming out of there and we found out, 'Oh [Ashley's] pregnant,' " said the 54-year-old star, who co-starred with Shepard and Bell in "Hit and Run".
Arnold and his wife welcomed their first child Jax Copeland on Saturday, April 6, 2013. He recently took to WhoSay to share a photo of his adorable son, writing, "Jax is 9 months today. I'm trying to protect his privacy but he insisted his fans see this pic."
- Comic-Con: 'The Walking Dead' First Season 8 Trailer Teases Major Time Jump
- Jeremy Meeks and Chloe Green Make Out During L.A. Coffee Run: We Are in Love
- Beyonce's Madame Tussauds Wax Figure 'Adjusted' After Whitewashing Controversy
- Is Ben Affleck Done Playing Batman? WB Reportedly Plans His Exit
- Is Meek Mill Finally Ready to End Longtime Feud With Drake?
- This Transgender Performer Suggests She Had an Affair With Kanye West
- Block B's U-Kwon Tells a Fan She Looks Like Crap
- Louis Tomlinson Says His Mom's Dying Wish Was for Him to Reconcile With Zayn Malik