Bryan Singer Says 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Serves as 'First Class' Sequel
Bryan Singer reveals timeline for "X-Men: Apocalypse". Despite coming after "X-Men: Days of Future Past", the 2016 film is "more of 'First Class sequel'." The director explains to Empire magazine that it will "take place some time after this movie [X-Men: First Class]. What happens in this movie brings about what'll happen in that movie."
"One thing that interests me is the notion of ancient mutants," he says. "What would people thousands of years ago, without the benefit of science, think mutants were? And more importantly, what would mutants thousands of years ago think they were? Gods? Titans? Angels? Demons? And if such mutants did exist thousands of years ago, what became of them? Did one survive?"
"Age of Apocalypse was one of my favorite stores," the director continues. "We like the stakes of it, and it feels like a story that could impact a lot of our favorite characters in big, dramatic ways. We feel it's a very different story from Days of Future Past. For starters, it's a very different villain, and the characters will be in very different places emotionally."
Regarding rumor that Apocalypse might be an alien, he said, "That's not the case. People were concerned we were making Apocalypse an alien. It's odd. I don't know where that came from."
"Days of Future Past" is scheduled to be released in the U.S. on May 23. "Apocalypse" is set to follow "Days of Future Past" on May 27, 2016.
- Katy Perry Crowd-Surfing Twice at Glastonbury 2017
- Blac Chyna Involved in Car Accident
- Kelly Osbourne Shows Her Derriere While Struggling to Get Out of Her Dress
- Kendall Jenner Looks Unrecognizable in Her Latest Instagram Pictures
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London
- Angelina Jolie Is Worrying That Brad Pitt Will Get More Custody
- Amanda Bynes Steps Out for Shopping in Beverly Hills
- Gal Gadot Is Already Planning for Baby No. 3