Bryan Singer Says 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Serves as 'First Class' Sequel
Bryan Singer reveals timeline for "X-Men: Apocalypse". Despite coming after "X-Men: Days of Future Past", the 2016 film is "more of 'First Class sequel'." The director explains to Empire magazine that it will "take place some time after this movie [X-Men: First Class]. What happens in this movie brings about what'll happen in that movie."
"One thing that interests me is the notion of ancient mutants," he says. "What would people thousands of years ago, without the benefit of science, think mutants were? And more importantly, what would mutants thousands of years ago think they were? Gods? Titans? Angels? Demons? And if such mutants did exist thousands of years ago, what became of them? Did one survive?"
"Age of Apocalypse was one of my favorite stores," the director continues. "We like the stakes of it, and it feels like a story that could impact a lot of our favorite characters in big, dramatic ways. We feel it's a very different story from Days of Future Past. For starters, it's a very different villain, and the characters will be in very different places emotionally."
Regarding rumor that Apocalypse might be an alien, he said, "That's not the case. People were concerned we were making Apocalypse an alien. It's odd. I don't know where that came from."
"Days of Future Past" is scheduled to be released in the U.S. on May 23. "Apocalypse" is set to follow "Days of Future Past" on May 27, 2016.
- Chris Brown Reacts to Accusations That He Pulled Gun on Woman
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Announces Full Cast and Pairings for Season 23
- 'Outlander' Casts David Berry in Pivotal Role of Lord John Grey
- 'Zombieland 2' Still Happening With Original's Scribes on Board
- Kim Kardashian Reportedly Furious Over Blac Chyna's Naked Photos for Paper Magazine
- Stephen Colbert Takes on Anthony Weiner's Sexting Scandal, Spoofs Beyonce's VMA Performance
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does