Bryan Singer Says 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Serves as 'First Class' Sequel
Bryan Singer reveals timeline for "X-Men: Apocalypse". Despite coming after "X-Men: Days of Future Past", the 2016 film is "more of 'First Class sequel'." The director explains to Empire magazine that it will "take place some time after this movie [X-Men: First Class]. What happens in this movie brings about what'll happen in that movie."
"One thing that interests me is the notion of ancient mutants," he says. "What would people thousands of years ago, without the benefit of science, think mutants were? And more importantly, what would mutants thousands of years ago think they were? Gods? Titans? Angels? Demons? And if such mutants did exist thousands of years ago, what became of them? Did one survive?"
"Age of Apocalypse was one of my favorite stores," the director continues. "We like the stakes of it, and it feels like a story that could impact a lot of our favorite characters in big, dramatic ways. We feel it's a very different story from Days of Future Past. For starters, it's a very different villain, and the characters will be in very different places emotionally."
Regarding rumor that Apocalypse might be an alien, he said, "That's not the case. People were concerned we were making Apocalypse an alien. It's odd. I don't know where that came from."
"Days of Future Past" is scheduled to be released in the U.S. on May 23. "Apocalypse" is set to follow "Days of Future Past" on May 27, 2016.
- Too Little, Too Late? Taylor Swift's Support for Women's March Is Met With Backlash
- Get First Look at Benedict Cumberbatch as Thomas Edison in 'Current War'
- Kylie Jenner Shows a Lot of Skin in Barely There Two-Piece
- Is Selena Gomez Begging for Justin Bieber's 'Blessing' to Date The Weeknd After JB Calls Him 'Wack'?
- 'Logan' Is Not Set in the Same 'X-Men' Universe, According to Hugh Jackman
- Gavin Rossdale Doesn't Want to Divorce Gwen Stefani, Says She's Still 'Incredible'
- John Legend Breaks Silence on Being Called 'Monkey' by Paparazzo
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video