Bryan Singer Says 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Serves as 'First Class' Sequel
Bryan Singer reveals timeline for "X-Men: Apocalypse". Despite coming after "X-Men: Days of Future Past", the 2016 film is "more of 'First Class sequel'." The director explains to Empire magazine that it will "take place some time after this movie [X-Men: First Class]. What happens in this movie brings about what'll happen in that movie."
"One thing that interests me is the notion of ancient mutants," he says. "What would people thousands of years ago, without the benefit of science, think mutants were? And more importantly, what would mutants thousands of years ago think they were? Gods? Titans? Angels? Demons? And if such mutants did exist thousands of years ago, what became of them? Did one survive?"
"Age of Apocalypse was one of my favorite stores," the director continues. "We like the stakes of it, and it feels like a story that could impact a lot of our favorite characters in big, dramatic ways. We feel it's a very different story from Days of Future Past. For starters, it's a very different villain, and the characters will be in very different places emotionally."
Regarding rumor that Apocalypse might be an alien, he said, "That's not the case. People were concerned we were making Apocalypse an alien. It's odd. I don't know where that came from."
"Days of Future Past" is scheduled to be released in the U.S. on May 23. "Apocalypse" is set to follow "Days of Future Past" on May 27, 2016.
More X-Men: Apocalypse News
- Rolling Stones' Ronnie Wood Welcomes Twins at Age 68
- Tyga's New Lady Demi Rose Tries to Copy Kylie Jenner by Wearing Similar Strappy Bikini
- Shawn Mendes Teases His Upcoming Album
- Kim Kardashian Visits Snapchat Office. See Some Exclusive Filters She Gets!
- Alicia Keys Goes Makeup Free, Pens Powerful Essay About Overcoming Her Insecurities
- Simon Cowell and His Snarky Comments Make Return on 'America's Got Talent' Season 11 Premiere
- Sienna Miller Still Cares 'Enormously' for Ex-Fiance Jude Law
- Zendaya Coleman Criticized for Posting This Racy Picture