Zac Efron Lost Weight Due to Food Liquid Diet After Breaking Jaw
Zac Efron talked about a "gnarly" incident in November which resulted in his broken jaw during an appearance on "Jimmy Kimmel Live!". In the Thursday, January 30 episode, Efron told host Jimmy Kimmel that he slipped in a puddle of water and hit a water fountain.
"I was running through my house and I slipped and fell on my face," the 25-year-old star said. "Let me start over, because the story starts kind of cool. I have a fountain in my house. That's kind of dope, right? So I was running through and slipped on water and hit my chin on the fountain in my house. It's not a big fountain, but it's a fountain in my house."
The star of "That Awkward Moment" added that the injury was "pretty gnarly." His brother Dylan was at home and he took the actor to a hospital. Following the accident, Efron's jaw was wired shut for a few weeks.
While he was unable to eat solid food, Efron had no choice other than liquid foods which caused him lose weight. "I was drinking foods for six weeks - only liquid foods. It sucked. I lost, like, 10-12 pounds," he revealed.
Prior to his appearance on the late-night talk show, the actor stopped by "The Ellen DeGeneres Show" in which he sang Happy Birthday for the show's host with his guitar. "Well, that is sweet! Thank you so much," Ellen DeGeneres said after he finished the song. She turned 56 on January 26.
More Zac Efron News
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby