Details of 'How I Met Your Mother' Spin-Off's Characters Revealed
As "How I Met Your Mother" is nearing its end, details about the spin-off show emerge. According to the scoop obtained by TVLine, casting is currently underway for major characters on "How I Met Your Dad".
At the center of the potential new sitcom is Sally, a "vibrant, messy and unpredictable" woman in her twenties described as a "female Peter Pan who has never grown up and has no idea of where she's going in life." She's got a husband, which may not be the titular dad since the description says "she's thinking of calling it quits with her husband of a year, Gavin."
Sally's circle of friends includes her BFF Juliet, a flamboyant, energetic, party girl. She runs a successful fashion blog and "is delighted to learn Sally is ending things with the terminally boring Gavin."
Sally has an older brother, Danny, desbribed as "a Type A, overachieving lawyer whom she shares little in common with." Sally decides to move in with Danny after her split with Gavin and that will test her "tight bond" with Danny.
Danny's husband, Todd, happens to be one of Sally's closest friends from college. He is "warm, outgoing" and "welcomes Sally into their home."
Also among the gang is Frank, "a hot nerd" who is also the head of IT for Juliet's fashion blog. "He has genuine feelings for Sally, but it's a one-sided flirtation," at least for the moment.
The show is also looking for a narrator which, as Sally from the future, is reliving the events of her past to her kids.
CBS has ordered a pilot to "How I Met Your Dad" which will be filmed as a stand-alone rather than as a back-door pilot. Ted and the gang's favorite hangout, MacLaren's Pub, will be featured in the spin-off.
- 'The Purge' Heading to TV as 'Interwoven Anthology'
- Cashmere Cat Releases New Single 'Trust Nobody' Ft. Selena Gomez
- Rob Kardashian Regrets Tweeting Kylie Jenner's Number: 'It Was Miscommunication'
- Kristen Stewart Spooked by Ghost in 'Personal Shopper' Trailer
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Reach Temporary Custody Deal That Includes Family Counseling
- Fifth Harmony's Ally Brooke Falls After Ambushed by Fan on Stage
- Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds Welcome Their Second Child
- Producer Says Daniel Craig Is Still the 'First Choice' for Next James Bond Movie