Kanye West Won't Be Charged Following Alleged Assault
Kanye West has escaped prosecution after he was said beating an 18-year-old man at a chiropractor's office in Beverly Hills earlier this month. The Los Angeles County District Attorney's Office announced the decision on Friday, January 31.
According to TMZ, the office will not prosecute West in the battery case because he and the alleged victim have reached civil settlement. The alleged victim additionally did not suffer from significant injuries following the reported beating and he was uncooperative following the civil compromise.
The alleged beating reportedly took place on January 13. At that time, the man reportedly threw racial slur at West's fiancee Kim Kardashian. The star of "Keeping Up with the Kardashians" then called West to tell him about the incident. An angry West reportedly confronted the man, punching him at the office. A staffer reportedly had to separate the two.
A report about the two reaching a civil settlement emerged recently. The rapper reportedly agreed to pay him $250,000. Following the settlement, the man no longer wished to pursue criminal prosecution against West.
More Kanye West News
- People's Choice Awards 2017: 'Outlander' Leads the Full TV Winner List
- Brad Pitt Reportedly Moving In With Kate Hudson Amid Angelina Jolie Divorce
- People's Choice Awards 2017: 'Finding Dory' Leads Movie Winners
- Janelle Monae and Maxwell Are Set to Perform at Women's March
- Nicole Kidman Reportedly Expecting a Baby at 49
- Julia Roberts Joins 'Smurfs: The Lost Village'. Get the First Look!
- Ryan Lochte Unveils Baby's Sex, Dishes on Wedding Plans With Fiancee Kayla Rae Reid
- Road to Reconciliation? Kris and Caitlyn Jenner Are Reportedly in Joint Therapy