Kanye West Won't Be Charged Following Alleged Assault
Kanye West has escaped prosecution after he was said beating an 18-year-old man at a chiropractor's office in Beverly Hills earlier this month. The Los Angeles County District Attorney's Office announced the decision on Friday, January 31.
According to TMZ, the office will not prosecute West in the battery case because he and the alleged victim have reached civil settlement. The alleged victim additionally did not suffer from significant injuries following the reported beating and he was uncooperative following the civil compromise.
The alleged beating reportedly took place on January 13. At that time, the man reportedly threw racial slur at West's fiancee Kim Kardashian. The star of "Keeping Up with the Kardashians" then called West to tell him about the incident. An angry West reportedly confronted the man, punching him at the office. A staffer reportedly had to separate the two.
A report about the two reaching a civil settlement emerged recently. The rapper reportedly agreed to pay him $250,000. Following the settlement, the man no longer wished to pursue criminal prosecution against West.
More Kanye West News
- Priscilla Presley's Taking Care of Lisa Marie Presley's Twin Girls Amid Nasty Custody Battle
- Pregnant Rosie Huntington-Whiteley Covers Baby Bump in Trench Coat on Lunch Date With Jason Statham
- Fergie Shows Off Pert Derriere in Cheeky Instagram Picture
- George Clooney Finally Opens Up About Amal's Pregnancy
- Adele Named Top Music Legend of the Future
- Taron Egerton Is Seen Filming 'Robin Hood: Origins' in Croatia
- Possible 'Jurassic World 2' Plot Details Revealed
- 'Sherlock' Could Get Axed, Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman's Busy Schedules Are to Blame