Kanye West Won't Be Charged Following Alleged Assault
Kanye West has escaped prosecution after he was said beating an 18-year-old man at a chiropractor's office in Beverly Hills earlier this month. The Los Angeles County District Attorney's Office announced the decision on Friday, January 31.
According to TMZ, the office will not prosecute West in the battery case because he and the alleged victim have reached civil settlement. The alleged victim additionally did not suffer from significant injuries following the reported beating and he was uncooperative following the civil compromise.
The alleged beating reportedly took place on January 13. At that time, the man reportedly threw racial slur at West's fiancee Kim Kardashian. The star of "Keeping Up with the Kardashians" then called West to tell him about the incident. An angry West reportedly confronted the man, punching him at the office. A staffer reportedly had to separate the two.
A report about the two reaching a civil settlement emerged recently. The rapper reportedly agreed to pay him $250,000. Following the settlement, the man no longer wished to pursue criminal prosecution against West.
More Kanye West News
- Johnny Depp and Javier Bardem Officially Join Tom Cruise in Universal's Monster Film 'Dark Universe'
- Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt Are Ready to Start Co-Parenting Their 6 Kids
- Watch Lana Del Rey Get Cozy With The Weeknd in 'Lust for Life' Video
- Kylie Jenner Is 'Annoyed' That Ariel Winter Keeps Stealing Her Look
- Kris Jenner Wants Her Marriage With Caitlyn to Be Annulled
- The Chainsmokers Hints at Collaboration with BTS
- Super Junior Shows Off Strong Bond After Recent Meet-Up
- Burglar Hits Michael B. Jordan's Home, Walks Off With Cash and Jewelry