Video: Bill Murray Pitches Himself for Lead Role in NBC's 'Peter Pan Live!'
Bill Murray thinks he's "the guy" for NBC's "Peter Pan Live!". Following the network's official announcement of the upcoming live musical production to follow up the success of Carrie Underwood's "The Sound of Music Live!", the veteran actor pitched himself for the lead role in "Peter Pan Live!" when he stopped by "Late Show with David Letterman".
Murray made a flying entrance during the Friday, January 31 episode of the CBS late-night talk show and sang his heart out in a performance of "I'm Flying" complete with a Peter Pan costume. Asked by host David Letterman why he did such elaborate stunt, the "Moonrise Kingdom" star initially responded, "First, I love to fly."
"You know, there's been a big thing," he continued, "this Carrie Underwood... You know her, she did this 'Sound of Music!' thing and she's a talent. But my roots are in the musical comedy stage and I feel that this is my moment... And they're talking about restaging 'Peter Pan' and I think I'm the guy."
NBC's "Peter Pan Live!" will be executive produced by Craig Zadan and Neil Meron, who also tackled the same duty on "The Sound of Music Live!". No cast member has been announced yet, but NBC Entertainment Chairman Robert Greenblatt has said that the role of Peter, traditionally played by a woman, would likely go to a male actor.
- 'The Talk' Host Sheryl Underwood Cries as She Reveals Terrifying Rape Ordeal
- Brie Larson to Play U.S. First Female Presidential Candidate in Victoria Woodhull Biopic
- Netflix Debuts 'Death Note' Teaser Trailer and It's Slammed for Whitewashing
- Michael Shannon Joins Contention to Play Cable in 'Deadpool 2'
- Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus Caught in Lip-Lock Amid Romance Rumors
- Lorde, Muse, The Killers, Chance the Rapper, Arcade Fire to Headline 2017 Lollapalooza
- William Shatner Says Nick Viall 'Needs to Go' From 'DWTS', the 'Bachelor' Star Reacts
- Zac Efron Is Drag Queen, The Rock Disses One Direction in New 'Baywatch' Trailer