Video: Bill Murray Pitches Himself for Lead Role in NBC's 'Peter Pan Live!'
Bill Murray thinks he's "the guy" for NBC's "Peter Pan Live!". Following the network's official announcement of the upcoming live musical production to follow up the success of Carrie Underwood's "The Sound of Music Live!", the veteran actor pitched himself for the lead role in "Peter Pan Live!" when he stopped by "Late Show with David Letterman".
Murray made a flying entrance during the Friday, January 31 episode of the CBS late-night talk show and sang his heart out in a performance of "I'm Flying" complete with a Peter Pan costume. Asked by host David Letterman why he did such elaborate stunt, the "Moonrise Kingdom" star initially responded, "First, I love to fly."
"You know, there's been a big thing," he continued, "this Carrie Underwood... You know her, she did this 'Sound of Music!' thing and she's a talent. But my roots are in the musical comedy stage and I feel that this is my moment... And they're talking about restaging 'Peter Pan' and I think I'm the guy."
NBC's "Peter Pan Live!" will be executive produced by Craig Zadan and Neil Meron, who also tackled the same duty on "The Sound of Music Live!". No cast member has been announced yet, but NBC Entertainment Chairman Robert Greenblatt has said that the role of Peter, traditionally played by a woman, would likely go to a male actor.
- 'Dancing with the Stars': Maksim Chmerkovskiy Will Return, Ryan Lochte Is in Talks for Season 23
- Justin Bieber Reunites With Sofia Richie for Her Birthday After Partying With Bronte Blampied
- Ariana Grande and Nicki Minaj to Perform 'Side to Side' at 2016 MTV VMAs
- Inside Katy Perry and Orlando Bloom's Proposal Plans
- Christoph Waltz in Talks to Join James Cameron's 'Alita: Battle Angel'
- Kim Kardashian Flaunts Entire Breasts in Racy See-Through Top for a Photoshoot in Mexico
- The Weeknd Shares Snippet of His Cashmere Cat Collaboration 'Wild Love'
- Britney Spears Biopic Coming on Lifetime. Find Out Who Plays the Pop Star